Personalized Black Belt Card

Pin It! This is the card that I created to congratulate Nick on his 4th Degree Black Belt. I used the Karate uniform that is from Jolee's Dimensional Stickers SPJJ095. They are white when you purchase them but I simple changed the color by using the Tim Holtz Distress Stains to color them to the color I needed. Worked like a charm! To add the stripes to the belts I just cut up the yellow belt that comes in the same Jolee pkg. I added the dates to the bottom of the card for each of his promotions (First Degree, Second Degree, etc). At his karate school they have not only different color belts but different color uniforms for stages of advancement.




On the inside of the card I couldn't find the sentiment or poem that said just how I felt so instead I wrote him a letter. I think it is much more personal and touching and I know he knows now just how I feel. I also added photos from the first day that he took karate and of each black belt testing. The first page in his scrapbook has a place for him to keep the card so he can look back on it from time to time.


Nick was the only one to receive his 4th Degree Black Belt that day. He got a standing ovation and I was not the only one with tears in their eyes. His strong will and determination has paid off and he can now proudly wear the coveted BLACK uniform with pride. After the testing and after all of Nicks fans came up to congratulate him, we headed out for a bite to eat with some friends and family. He received lots of flower bouquets, posters made by his students and home made cupcakes, mmmm. I gave him his Karate photo album. He loved it!!!

11 comments:

Jingle June 20, 2011 at 8:42 AM  

That is such a cute card! What a great design!

Anonymous June 20, 2011 at 9:33 AM  

Oh what an awesome card!!!! I know he loved it!!

Shelly Schmidt June 20, 2011 at 10:10 AM  

Great card- I like the touch of adding a letter- so personal that way! Congrats to your son!

Works From The Attic by Linda June 20, 2011 at 10:30 AM  

Congratulations Nick! I know what hard work it is, I was in Martial Arts when I was a teen and now my 8 year old grandson is in Karate. The card is beautiful and the idea of the letter could not be more perfect. I'm sure he will treasure it for years to come. Congratulations!

Marjie Kemper June 20, 2011 at 12:31 PM  

Great card - love how you even put the stripes on the belt tips. Congrats to your son!

Anonymous June 20, 2011 at 11:53 PM  

This is so cool!!! LOVE it! :-)

Unknown June 21, 2011 at 1:42 AM  

I love your car, this is so neat! And I know you were working really hard on the album. Just based on what you said about him in your post, I know he appreciated it... What fun!

Sharon June 21, 2011 at 2:27 AM  

wow what an amazing card!!!!! Great idea to fit the "theme"!!!

...a/k/a DJScrappiness... June 21, 2011 at 12:33 PM  

That is a great card! Congratulations to all of you on his achievements! My son lives in Quincy...might have to check how far away from him the Expo is! ;o]

Gloria Westerman June 21, 2011 at 4:11 PM  

This is awesome....and what a sweet and wonderful way to express yourself to your son.....and to fit it into his album is genius.....brilliant idea.....You are so creative......tfs

2amscrapper June 21, 2011 at 9:36 PM  

Congrats to Nick! What a wonderful card--love how you did the dates on the outside and how you displayed the letter on the inside.

Post a Comment

If you have a question please leave your email so I can respond, Thank You :)

Follow Me on Pinterest

Search This Blog

Grab My Button


Contact Me At

Archives

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected