100 Halloween Cards

Pin It!

I thought I would show you a card that I made for the Operation Write Home project. Actually, it's more like 100 cards. My husband helped me put them together yesterday. We got them all done in basically one day. I did some of the punching the day before but 90% of the work was done on a gorgeous, sunny Sunday sitting outside while spending quality time with my husband doing something wonderful.
The cards are 4 1/4" X 5 1/2" , I cut the orange card stock so there would be an 1/8" border around it of white. I distress the edges of the orange card stock with the Distress Vintage Photo. We also used some on the tags that were cut using the purple Marvy tag punch. My husband got to try for the first time distressing on the tags after my arm felt like it was going to fall off after doing all the cards. LOL The corner punch used on the orange card stock was from EK Success. We used archival ink to do all of our stamping. The skeleton is from the Tim Holtz Haunted Mansion collection and the Trick or Treat and the spider is from Inkadinkado. The bat border we added on last was cut from the EK Success punch, I ran it through my sticker maker so it was easy to adhere on to the card.

15 comments:

titancia September 13, 2010 at 9:20 AM  

Wow, those are fantastic! You did a great job, and for such a great cause.

Ashleigh September 13, 2010 at 9:52 AM  

wow. good job! these are awesome!

Sharon Huffman September 13, 2010 at 10:08 AM  

What a great way to help support our troops!

Vic September 13, 2010 at 10:38 AM  

Great cards! They will be loved.

Ellis September 13, 2010 at 10:40 AM  

Wow, great work on making so many cards and great of your husband to help out! =)
Hugs, Elenor

Celeste B. September 13, 2010 at 11:20 AM  

I love them!!! Thanks so much for supporting our troops!!!! TFS! :)

Karla Anderson September 13, 2010 at 12:26 PM  

all I can say is AMAZING!

Carolee Jones September 13, 2010 at 1:54 PM  

Nice card design! I make things in quantity too, so I can appreciate the work that went into this project,...turned out very nicely. I'm sure all recipients will LOVE them!
(Hugs, CJ=Homer, Alaska)

JennyKozar September 13, 2010 at 2:35 PM  

Great job and how awesome to be sending these to our soldiers!

Scrapping With Sherry September 14, 2010 at 12:24 AM  

Really like this design and I can think of 100 soldiers that are going to really appreciate your efforts too.

~Sherry

Lisa September 14, 2010 at 6:47 AM  

Wow! How nice of you. I love the design.

Eve September 14, 2010 at 8:49 AM  

Great card! I'm sure all in deployment will luv it!!

Linda W. September 15, 2010 at 12:33 PM  

Wonderful design and beautifully accomplished project! Tell your hubbie he does a super job too!

Shelann September 15, 2010 at 10:02 PM  

I really like the contrast. then as you look closer you see the additional details,

Colleen September 16, 2010 at 7:46 AM  

Halloween is my favorite holiday so I loved these cards. They are beautiful! What a great way to show support for our troops.

PS. Kathy's husband, Mike, ran into Martha Stewart when he was fishing last week. I am going to tell him if it happens again to mention you to her. Of course, if you get on her show, I want to be your "plus 1!" :)

Post a Comment

If you have a question please leave your email so I can respond, Thank You :)

Follow Me on Pinterest

Search This Blog

Grab My Button


Contact Me At

Archives

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected