Valentine Card for OWH

Pin It!

Today is closing day for my son, Nick!!! Yeah!!! Now the real fun starts with all the painting and remodeling. Whoo Hoo! Hopefully by Sunday my home will start looking more like it's self again. LOL All of the winners of the 12 Tags of Christmas tag naming challenge should be receiving their prizes. I sent them all out last week and boy oh boy was that a project. I had a great time putting together all the prizes and my sweet husband was a dear and went to the post office to mail all 30-something packages! Have fun with your goodies!


I wanted to share with you one of the cards I made for OWH for Valentines day. It was pretty simple to make and was basically layering. All the paper was from the My Mind's Eye Love Nest paper pack. I raised the word bubble and the love with foam tape. The layers of paper I scalloped with the EK success Deco Scallop edge border.

11 comments:

Bevy48 December 30, 2010 at 9:49 AM  

Very cute card...TFS!!

Anonymous December 30, 2010 at 10:10 AM  

OK, now my ignorance is showing. What is OWH??????

Chrissie December 30, 2010 at 12:35 PM  

Card is yummy!!!
OWH is operation Write Home, but what I'm confused about is that I was told they can't have glitter on them and this appears to be glittery?

Celeste B. December 30, 2010 at 5:12 PM  

Beautiful job Christie!! I absolutely love this card; the paper, the birds, EVERYTHING!!! :) TFS!

Anonymous December 30, 2010 at 6:15 PM  

I got my contest prize package. Thank you very much, Christie. You are so generous. It was fun playing in your contest.
Virginia Montagna
montagnava@aol.com

Anonymous December 30, 2010 at 8:08 PM  

thanks for the stuff
connie dietz

Sharon Huffman December 30, 2010 at 10:45 PM  

That's a great card Christie! I got my package yesterday and just LOVE everything in it and already have plans for most of it!

Chrissie the OWH rule about glitter is that you can't use the kind of glitter you'd sprinkle on a sticky substance, but glitter glue, stickles and paper with glitter embedded is ok as long as it's not the kind that will flake off. We don't want our soldiers shiny. Very good question though. It's always good to err on the safe side!

Julie December 30, 2010 at 10:54 PM  

Christie, very cute card! I'm really loving those birdies (are they a die cut?)

I received my prize package today. You really packed that little envelope full! Thanks so much for all of the cool stuff...I love it all! And thank your dear husband for making the trip to the post office (especialy during the Christmas season)!

~Julie

Tana December 30, 2010 at 11:13 PM  

Yay for Nick! (and you!) I love this card. It's hard to believe we're already thinking of Valentine's Day! Time goes by way too fast. Happy New Year!

Beckie Williams December 31, 2010 at 12:45 PM  

What a beautiful card, thanks for sharing!!

AngZee December 31, 2010 at 10:08 PM  

This card is adorable!

Post a Comment

If you have a question please leave your email so I can respond, Thank You :)

Follow Me on Pinterest

Search This Blog

Grab My Button


Contact Me At

Archives

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected