I Got Mail

Pin It! So yesterday I got a package in the mail. It was this big box from Brandi Dickerson. She had heard about my making cards for Operation Write Home. She had some extra scrap paper at home she wasn't using and wanted to know if I could use it for the cards. Of course I could!!! Well when I got the box I couldn't wait to get home and rip it open and see what was inside. But I wanted to share it with her so I video taped my opening it. She was so glad I did she posted a message on the Hive about it. You can read it here or HERE.

Don't forget that next week is the Operation Write Home Christmas/Holiday card challenge! I'm so excited!!! My first challenge, lets make it a good one! The owner of Contain Ya Crafts posted it on the Hive and it got a feature spot. You can read about it HERE . Below the video I will post the rules for the challenge so that if you want to get started making cards you will know what is allowed and what isn't. OWH rules not mine. You are welcome to make as many cards as you want but only one entry per person. The challenge officially starts on Monday, Oct. 11 and will end Sunday, Oct 18. That is when you can post the photos on this site to be entered to win a new PINK suede Scrap N' Tote generously donated by Contain Ya Crafts


1. Make a card, A2 size, (5.5"x 4.25" folded in half), that is of a Christmas/Holiday theme. You can make more than one, make and send as many as you want. But only one entry per person please.
2. NO GLITTER!!! That is the only decoration rule. You can use anything but glitter. It is hazardous to the soldiers as it can flake off and if they have glitter on their uniforms it can put them at risk — it can make them visible to night vision goggles, and that is just not a risk we're willing to take! Stickles and glitter pens are okay.
3. No Handwritten Sentiments. If you don't have a sentiment stamp to go with your card, feel free to let it be a card with no sentiment. Do not hand write sentiments outside or inside the cards. They've gotten some emails from heroes' spouses indicating a momentary panic when a card from their husband had a woman's handwriting on it - and we want to avoid even a second of angst for these dear spouses!
4. Please leave the inside of the card blank for the soldiers to write their own message to their loved ones.
5. The back of the card needs to be stamped with the Operation Write Home stamp. I would be happy to stamp them and mail the cards to the shipper. You can sign the back and add your blog or any info want before sending them to me. Or if you wish you can send them directly to the shipper of your choice you can find them at http://operationwritehome.org/mailroom
6. Remember all cards need to be received by me (P.O.Box 8399, Bartlett, IL 60103) by October 26th or the OWH shipper by October 30th.

8 comments:

Chris Hanselman October 8, 2010 at 8:55 AM  

Wow, How sweet of Brandi to send you all that paper. I can see a lot of cards being made from that.

Alicia B October 8, 2010 at 9:38 AM  

What an amazing gift Brandi gave you!! Isn't it wonderful how so many items can be made with things others no longer need and just imagine the joy it will bring to a soldier deployed! Kudos to you for all you do! *Hugs*

Unknown October 8, 2010 at 11:36 AM  

What a blessing I am thanking Brandi with you. I can not wait to see all the cards you make. 2 cool

Anonymous October 8, 2010 at 12:28 PM  

WOW That box was STUFFED to the gills!!! That is so awesome!!!!! Have fun making all those cool cards!!!

Sharon Huffman October 8, 2010 at 5:59 PM  

This will be quite a journey not only watching what YOU make with all that paper, but also to see what everyone else makes for this exciting challenge!

chignon October 9, 2010 at 1:49 AM  

OH WOW! I look forward to seeing what beautiful cards you create. And cheer what you are doing for our soldiers.

capturinglifesart October 9, 2010 at 9:57 AM  

All of the paper you got was awesome. That was so sweet of Brandi to send all that to you. I'm looking forward to seeing everything you create with it.

Shannon - Desert Designs October 10, 2010 at 10:06 AM  

Fabulous idea! I can't wait to get started! :)

Post a Comment

If you have a question please leave your email so I can respond, Thank You :)

Follow Me on Pinterest

Search This Blog

Grab My Button


Contact Me At

Archives

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected