Birthday & Get Well cards for someone very special

Pin It!

I created this Birthday card and Get Well card for someone very special. It was brought to my attention that Zack, a boy that I have never met, is going to be turning 15 on October 18th. His Mom, Christy Hughes-Kerley would like to shower him with cards for his birthday. You see Zack is not just an ordinary boy... he has been dealing with a rare disease called Melioidosis. He has been in and out of the hospital. He just had a painful surgery to remove some of the disease from his hip. After recovering in the hospital he is now at home to rest and recover and will be on crutches for quite some time. I couldn't think of anything that I would want to do more than to send him a card. Being a Mom myself my heart goes out to both Zack and his family. If you would like to send a card his birthday is October 18th and you can send cards to: Zack Kerley, 4106 Fowler Lake Rd, Gaylord, MI 49735. P.S. you may know his Mom, Christy, from Lady Bug Creations.

7 comments:

Precious Memories Scrapbooking & More October 9, 2010 at 9:03 AM  

awesome cards, I am going to have to get some of those inks...they make everything look so cool!

Tana October 9, 2010 at 2:58 PM  

I'm going to try to get a card out this week and I forwarded this to a couple friends!

Anonymous October 10, 2010 at 8:52 AM  

Oh Christie....These 2 cards ROCK girl!!! I LOVE them.....

Roxanne October 10, 2010 at 1:29 PM  

These cards are AWESOME!!!! Have you shown these techniques before?? I'm really interested in seeing how to do them!! You have really done a fantastic jobs with Tim Holtz products!!!

Tricia October 10, 2010 at 1:57 PM  

I love your cards. I would love to know how you made the one with the clocks. Would you consider doing a tutorial?
Thanks
Tricia

Anonymous October 11, 2010 at 7:54 AM  

oh that is clever and looks so chic! thanks for sharing!
Lindsay

Ladybugz Creations January 19, 2011 at 9:08 AM  

Christie, I just found this post on here of course I skipped over the alcohol inks because I have yet to use them then got them this past week adn I love them. I wanted to tell you your cards were one of the favorites from the cards that Zack got. He is doing so much better now than he was 4 months ago adn we are so thankful. Every day is a different day but these days have been great. Zack is now snowboarding and living like a kid. still on tons of meds but he is living which is the most important thing. Thank you again for all you do and did for him. We appreciated it to no end.

Post a Comment

If you have a question please leave your email so I can respond, Thank You :)

Follow Me on Pinterest

Search This Blog

Grab My Button


Contact Me At

Archives

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected