Christmas Cards & Tag

Pin It!

I was at Archiver's yesterday and made these 4 new Christmas cards and tag. I can't decide which is my favorite yet. It was a fun class as I was able to use some of the stamps I don't have and love. I learned a few new tips like adding soft flower with a glue pen. You can get a very detailed texture on your cards or layouts.
The reindeer is from the Tim Holtz Reindeer Flight collection CMS052, I used VersaMark to stamp and then Barn Door Distress embossing powder. To detail it I used a glue pen and glitter on his chest. The flower was cut using the TH Sizzix Alterations Tattered Florals Die.
The snowman is from the Retro Holiday CMS067 it was stamped using white paint dabbers. The latch was cut from the TH Alterations Hardware Findings, embossed with a Tim Holtz texture plate. It was then embossed in silver embossing powder and sanded on top.
The Letter To Santa CMS053 was used in this card. The words were placed around Santa and the Flower Soft was used with the glue pen to accent the pine needles in the corner of the card. Glitter was added to Santa's hat and beard using the glue pen also. A paint dabber was used to color the 25.
This tag is using the Holiday Collections stamp collection CMS051. It was quick and easy using a glue pen and some Flower soft in the corner to accent the pine needles. I also used the glue pen and glitter to accent Santa's hat and beard and the snowman in the corner. A little red inking and I was done.
The trees are from the Reindeer Flight set CMS052. I used a glue pen and Flower Soft on the center trees to add detail. I don't know where the Peace, Love, & Joy sentiment comes from. The grunge board swirl is cut from the TH Alterations Elegant Flourishes Die. It was embossed in gold and then sanded to distress.

10 comments:

Anonymous September 25, 2010 at 8:53 AM  

Very pretty!! I believe the last one is my favorite!!!

Georgee September 25, 2010 at 9:27 AM  

They are all outstanding! The "Believe" one is my favorite tho. Great work Christie. Appreciate you & your pointers & ideas very much. Georgia treasurespastnpresent@live.com

Unknown September 25, 2010 at 10:14 AM  

Gorgeous...I love the snowman one the most, but great job on all of them

crotnem September 25, 2010 at 10:25 AM  

All done very nice. But have to pick the last 3 as my favorites!!

Ellis September 25, 2010 at 12:27 PM  

Stunning cards, you did a great job on them! =)
Hugs, Elenor

Vic September 25, 2010 at 2:41 PM  

I'm glad I don't have to pick a favorite! They are all fantastic.

Katrich September 25, 2010 at 3:00 PM  

I don't usually care for 'stamped' cards but I really do like what you have made. They are all really nice and I like the textures you have used. The reindeer is my favorite. But they are all nice. The added elements make a difference. TFS.

Anonymous September 26, 2010 at 12:29 PM  

Nice cards! I like the reindeer a lot, but they're all beautiful.

Alicia B September 27, 2010 at 9:02 AM  

Beautiful Christie but I gotta say- that snowman one still tops my list :) LOVE my snowmen!!! *Hugs*

Georgee September 30, 2010 at 9:30 PM  

Wow, you have certainly been busy. Love the cards, too.

Post a Comment

If you have a question please leave your email so I can respond, Thank You :)

Follow Me on Pinterest

Search This Blog

Grab My Button


Contact Me At

Archives

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected