What I'm doing with all those tags!!!

Pin It! Well you are probably wondering what I'm doing with all of those tags I'm making for the Challenges. I decided to do tags for the challenges so that I can keep them to use them as reference and inspiration later. Even though some of the techniques are not new to me, everyone can use some inspiration when they get a creative block. I am keeping all of my tags in one place on a large ring. I did not want to punch directly through my pieces of art so I made tag holders.



You can create these easily by cutting Sticky Back Canvas into strips 1" X 6". Pull of the backing and fold up one end approximately 1 1/2" (so it is sticky to sticky) You will have 3" left that is sticky that goes on your tag on the bottom. Punch a hole in the double sided sticky back canvas to hand from the ring. The canvas won't tear and is nice and flexible so you can easily handle your tags with ease. I had the tag holders long on purpose because I often have embellishments that hang lower than the tag. Also hanging from the bottom of the tag lets my ribbons flow freely. On the back of each tag I labeled which challenge it was from. I also label what the technique is called. For the Compendium of Curiosities Book I added which page # I can find it. This is very helpful for me and I hope it will become helpful for you also.

10 comments:

Eve August 26, 2010 at 7:02 AM  

more than your organization skills (which i'm amazed everytime when you come up with something new! ;-)) , i'm amazed all the tags which you've made already!! Those are just Goooorgeous!!!

Linda Ledbetter August 26, 2010 at 8:19 AM  

Christie, what a genius idea! Thanks for sharing this-- I'm sure a lot of us will use it!

Trisha August 26, 2010 at 8:30 AM  

Wonderful idea for organizing your challenge project tags. Would you mind telling me where I can find info on the Challenge, and maybe see what each step of the challenge has been? I just got my book, and I would like to start doing the challenge tags on my own, probably at a slower pace. Thanks for all you do, Christie.

Unknown August 26, 2010 at 9:43 AM  

Nice

Anonymous August 26, 2010 at 11:22 AM  

I have read your blog for awhile now, and truly enjoy all of your wonderful tips. Since you are the Queen of organization, I was wondering if you mightb able to tell me how you organize all of your svg files? I was trying to figure out if there is a way to open up the files and print a little picture of the file, type the ame of the file, and then be able to put it allin a book or something (I am a very visual person, as well). It would really help me to decide if I want to use that particular file, if I could just look through some pictures, instead of jut eading the name on it? ANy ideas would be very helpful.
Thanks,
Jodeana...jr6lewis@yahoo.com

Beckie Williams August 26, 2010 at 3:32 PM  

What a really cute idea. I love it! Thanks for sharing!

Pamela August 26, 2010 at 5:04 PM  

Christie, I really love your blog, it is so inspirational, and I find your organizational ideas very helpful. Thank you so much

Truly Lori August 27, 2010 at 9:26 AM  

Christie,

I just LOVE blue and brown together...such a simple but ornate design on this card. Love it!

Unknown February 23, 2011 at 6:04 AM  

Great idea

Love Dawn xx

jogry January 27, 2012 at 6:36 PM  

Hi Christie,

Love your tags, I never made any yet, but this will soon change.
Have a nice day,
jogry/bali

Post a Comment

If you have a question please leave your email so I can respond, Thank You :)

Follow Me on Pinterest

Search This Blog

Grab My Button


Contact Me At

Archives

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected