Masculine Card

Pin It!

I made my first card using my new stash of Paper Trey Ink papers and ribbon I got at CHA. I have been so busy trying to finish the family tree album for my Dad's side of the family. I am giving him a copy for his b-day. But the card that I created for him was quick to make yet elegant & masculine. We will be at a cabin in the woods on his birthday so I thought it would appropriate to use this stamp by Inkakindado. I embossed the image and then created this simple card. The corners were punched with the Fiskars Romantique punch. The papers I used are in Dark Chocolate and Ocean Tides. I love how well the ribbon matches the paper. It takes all the work out of trying to match up the colors, great when you are in a hurry.

12 comments:

simplybren August 27, 2010 at 5:46 AM  

This is really gorgeous. I keep hearing about papertrey ink and now I am sold. Headed to the website. Thank you so much for all your inspiration.
Brenda

Anonymous August 27, 2010 at 5:51 AM  

Lovely card. Which embossing powder did you use? It doesn't look like a standard embossing powder. I'm thinking Distress???

Anonymous August 27, 2010 at 6:30 AM  

Christie a very crisp and clean card...VERY pretty and it does take on a masculine look!!!! GREAT job as always!!!

Wendy Raffin August 27, 2010 at 7:14 AM  

Nice job Christie! Great colors. Blue and brown are my favorite anyway. Love the "manly" feel. TYFS~

Idea Queen August 27, 2010 at 8:42 AM  

Wow I love your card. The colors are perfect!

Carol Ric August 27, 2010 at 9:04 AM  

Great job on the card! Very nice!

HalfRaven August 27, 2010 at 9:34 AM  

Simple and lovely!

wwilloww August 27, 2010 at 9:48 AM  

That is a beautiful card!! Your Dad will love it!!

Bonnie August 27, 2010 at 12:19 PM  

That is flat out gorgeous!

Linda W. August 27, 2010 at 6:19 PM  

I love masculine cards - so different than the frilly stuff and the kid stuff. You pulled this one off with beauty! He'll love it!

Bearcrazyman August 27, 2010 at 9:00 PM  

Looks great...

Trisha August 28, 2010 at 9:17 AM  

Beautiful card, Christie! Masculine cards are the hardest for me, so I really appreciate this. You did a great job! (Gorgeous stamp, too!)

Post a Comment

If you have a question please leave your email so I can respond, Thank You :)

Follow Me on Pinterest

Search This Blog

Grab My Button


Contact Me At

Archives

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected