Multi Medium Collage Tag

Pin It!


I was excited to do this challenge because I love both Tim Holtz and Claudine Hellmuth's products. I am currently taking Claudine Hellmuth's online class with Big Picture Studio which I am loving!!! I didn't overdo the inking or embellishments for this tag so I could just concentrate on the butterflies, especially the veining in the butterfly wings. They turned out great. I used two colors of ink on each butterfly to achieve that look. All of the elements were metal embellishments I bought at JoAnn's. I rubbed the darker red on with my finger to get the raised details to show. I put some of the elements on foam dots to float above the others. I will definitely be doing this technique again. I am loving the Compendium Of Curiosities Book!

12 comments:

Jean July 20, 2010 at 11:10 AM  

Christie, I can picture the embellishments on a candle. Beautiful work.

Netty July 20, 2010 at 1:52 PM  

So gorgeous. Annette x

inge July 20, 2010 at 2:13 PM  

Hello Christie,

nice summercard with the colorful butterflies. I like the difference in colors in each butterfly.

greetings from belgium
Inge

Sherry F. July 20, 2010 at 2:16 PM  

Really pretty Christie! I have been working with my Tim Holtz stuff non stop lately and am leaning twords using his products with all my papercrafts. I have been working on tags for the last few days working with his book and also in love with it! A matter of fact I made a tag for the weekly challenge on PBS Swappers. Thanks!

Unknown July 20, 2010 at 2:41 PM  

lovely. Thanks for sharing.

Angie Hall Haviland July 20, 2010 at 5:16 PM  

Very pretty, Christie!!

Terry July 20, 2010 at 5:32 PM  

Beautiful butterflies! Love your background!!

Linda Ledbetter July 20, 2010 at 5:57 PM  

Christie, this is summertime on a tag, and it's so beautiful! The delicate details on the butterfly wings are wonderful, and you were so wise to keep the background simple and really showcase the multi medium-enhanced die cuts and the elegant way you colored them. It's spectacular!

Nan July 20, 2010 at 9:56 PM  

Very pretty

donna July 20, 2010 at 10:58 PM  

Beautiful tag!

Helen July 23, 2010 at 2:25 AM  

Great butterflies!!

Scrap Vamp July 23, 2010 at 7:26 AM  

Love the inking you did on your tag! The butterflies are gorgeous!

Post a Comment

If you have a question please leave your email so I can respond, Thank You :)

Follow Me on Pinterest

Search This Blog

Grab My Button


Contact Me At

Archives

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected