Woodland Table Centerpieces

Pin It!

My best friend Julie, is almost due to have her baby.  I was more than happy to help in the preparations of her baby shower.  Since her nursery is going to be a woodland theme I thought it would be appropriate to incorporate that into the decorations of the shower.  I created the favors, centerpieces, a banner, wishing tree and a few other surprises I will share with you in my next few posts.  Enjoy!

 I created the birdhouses from plain birdhouses I found at my local craft stores.  Each birdhouse was uniquely decorated.  I used my Ranger paint dabbers to paint the houses.  Each house was decorated with it's own combination of decorative papers. Most got additional details added with paint, die cuts, embellishments, etc.  I then used a strong epoxy to attach them to a candlestick I painted to match.

The woodland animals I cut from the Cricut cartridge Give A Hoot.  Our area was hit hard with storms and I was able to use some fallen trees for the pedestals for my creations.  My wonderful Dad help me cut the wood into the sizes that I wanted and then I used some heavy adhesive to attach the top to the bottom.  A few pine cones and other nature elements added to the centerpiece. 

Because I wanted the centerpieces to look great no matter where you were sitting at the table I added mason jars filled with flowers and greens.  Not just ordinary mason jars though, I painted these with the delicious colors from my Ranger Paint Dabbers.  I simply poured a little into the jar added a little water and used a brush to coat the sides and bottom.  The outside of the jars remained the beautiful shiny glass but showed the gorgeous color that coordinated with the decor.  Lovely!

I will be selling the bird houses along with many of my other creations at my next show 
36th Annual ALL NIGHT Flea Market
August 18th, 4 PM - 4 AM
Yes, you read that right
4 o'clock PM till 4 in the morning!!!
2015 Manchester Road ,Wheaton, IL 60187

Table 1 Centerpiece

 Table 2 Centerpiece

Table 3 Centerpiece

 Table 4 Centerpiece

 Table 5 Centerpiece

 Tables 6 and 7 Centerpieces

13 comments:

Anonymous August 13, 2012 at 9:19 AM  

Those are super cute Christie......I bet she just loved them!!!

Nana August 13, 2012 at 9:32 AM  

Darling projects. Love the attention to all the little details.

Nana
♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
Email Me

Beverly Sager August 13, 2012 at 12:33 PM  

Very creative, Christie. A lot of work I'm sure, but they are terrific!

Melissa August 13, 2012 at 7:10 PM  

Such detail, so cute!

Anonymous August 13, 2012 at 8:09 PM  

Gorgeous. WOW is all I can say. I love your talent. The woodland scape is so totally awesome. I envy the ones that get to buy one. So very cute. Thanks for sharing.

Carrie K August 13, 2012 at 8:20 PM  

Wow! You are a great friend! What awesome decor for her shower. Just beautiful!!

Sandi August 14, 2012 at 10:07 AM  

Oh my goodness making a memorable experience one that will never be forgotten, these are just precious, hugs

The Cropping Canuck August 14, 2012 at 11:49 AM  

So pretty!

Sharon Huffman August 14, 2012 at 1:33 PM  

Great job Christie! My daughter is expecting her first child in December and has a farm theme for the nursery. This has given me some great ideas, like those awesome mason jars (which of course I have an over abundant supply since the drought destroyed our crops) .

Jill August 15, 2012 at 8:18 PM  

Those center pieces are just beautiful! You did an awesome job on them. Thank you so much for sharing with us...:-)

Debbie September 23, 2012 at 1:20 PM  

Christie,
I have been watching and enjoying your youtube videos lately. Love your craft room. You seem to accomplish so much. I also make cards for Operation Write Home and that is how I found your videos. I usually watch a few craft videos on my Samsung Galaxy Note Smartphone at night when I go to bed. Lately I keep going back to your site and have gone through most of your posts. Last night I read your post about RSD and now I know why I was drawn to your blog so many times.
I also have RSD. In December 2005 I had surgery to remove a section of nerve in my right foot because I had a Morton's Neuroma. At the same time I had a tendon release on the 4th toe, one joint removed and fusion of the 2nd toe and removal of bunions on big and small toe. After surgery I was in the worst pain ever and my surgeon told me that it was normal. Some people have more pain with foot surgery than others. I suffered for a long time. Physical therapy helped get me moving again. In December 2006 I had a joint removed and fusion of 2nd toe on left foot and removal of bunions on big and small toe. During the surgery (before it was over)I woke up in horrible pain but was not able to communicate to anyone. Tears were rolling down my face. Not a single person noticed. I had to stay in recovery extra long because my blood pressure was high. Usually it is low. The pain was out of control and pain meds were not helping. My daughter called surgeon and told him something needed to be done. He said he couldn't help me. We removed the cast (a split cast that was secured with wrapping)because swelling was terrible. I don't know how I survived the next few days. My primary care physician was actually familiar with RSD, lucky for me. She sent me to a pain clinic and over 2 months I had 5/24 hr. lumbar sympathetic nerve blocks. Each one helped a little more until I could tolerate physical therapy. Physical therapy and hydro therapy helped me more than anything.
Reading your post just brought back so many memories I was in tears again. The pain from air blowing, showering felt like needles pricking. I could not wear socks or shoes. Also used the lidoderm patch. Could not even tolerate a sheet on my feet or legs. I have come a long way and do not take pain meds either. I am so lucky to have the extent of recovery that I have had. But there is always a lurking fear of a new injury. And what if I need some kind of surgery in the future.

Thank you for sharing and for understanding. Most people have no idea what RSD is. Most doctors have no idea. When I list it on my medical history they just glance right over it like it is nothing.

I am currently 57 years old and keep telling my kids that I plan to live to 100. Good luck to you and thanks for sharing all of your crafty stuff. I use crafting and gardening as distractions also.

Anonymous November 30, 2012 at 11:19 AM  

Cute centerpieces!

Team Craftwell
blog.craftwellusa.com

PocketsOfInspiration February 21, 2013 at 6:42 AM  

These are adorable!

Post a Comment

If you have a question please leave your email so I can respond, Thank You :)

Follow Me on Pinterest

Search This Blog

Grab My Button


Contact Me At

Archives

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected