Create a Perfect Palette

Pin It!

I have worked with Perfect Pearls in the past and as you all know I am a fan!  One of the fan favorite posts of all time is my Perfect Pearl mists.  And back by popular demand here is the list of my Perfect Pearl Mist combos that I used. 

Today I am going to do something a little different with the Perfect Pearls.  I want to create a Perfect Palette.  Tim Holtz along with Ranger has the perfect ink palette tray for this project.  It has 36 compartments and a hinged lid.


First, I layed out all of my Perfect Pearl colors and organized how I wanted them in my palette.
***Here's a Christie Tipsi - Ranger has changed the label on the Perfect Pearl jars.  The newer ones are shown below on the right compared the the older model on the left.  The older ones the label is to be on the bottom (towards the table when you open the top).  The new labeling states "this side up" having the larger Perfect Pearl logo on top (towards the ceiling).   


I used my Dymo labeler with clear tape to label the lid of the palette case with all the Perfect Pearl names.  That way I didn't have to guess which was which.  All I had to do was flip the lid and peek at the name. 



A simple scoop or two with a small art palette knife was all that was needed to fill each compartment.

Working a row at a time I filled them with color and added a drop or two of water, stirring to mix thoroughly. (don't worry if any powder falls on the outside of the compartments after it all dries it can easily clean up)

Once you have everything filled to your liking let it dry overnight (or until dry) keep the lid open while drying. 

Enjoy your new Perfect Palette with Tim Holtz's Water Brushes, they come in a fine detail point and a wide brush.  Watch the video above for more info plus I will have related posts following.  But in a nutshell, fill your water brush with water...select your color of Perfect Pearl from your palette... pick up as much or as little with your water pen and add your shimmer to your project.  It is permanent when dry because the binders are activated when wet.  ENJOY!

5 comments:

Bunnyfreak June 16, 2012 at 4:14 PM  

Great idea. Love it.

BlackCats June 17, 2012 at 1:04 AM  

Welcome to new furbabies! Cool idea. I hadn't thought I'd use this palette but this idea has me giving them a second thought.

Maureen Hayes June 17, 2012 at 5:31 AM  

I have Tim Holtz use the re-inkers and water in these, but never seen them used with perfect pearls and water, what a fabulous idea! Thank for sharing!

Lynda June 24, 2012 at 12:33 PM  

Christie, What a great idea! I've never quite got how to use them and this is just the "perfect" solution. Thanks! We lost our two old kitties last year too but we just added a two-year old to keep our remaining 6 year-old happy. It's been fun.

Shoshi July 5, 2012 at 2:38 PM  

This is such a cool idea, Christie - as is the Alcohol Inks tutorial too. I have just uploaded a blog post about it, and also pinned both tutorials to my Pinterest page, so I hope you get a lot of visitors - these tutorials need sharing!!

Keep up the good work.

Shoshi

Post a Comment

If you have a question please leave your email so I can respond, Thank You :)

Follow Me on Pinterest

Search This Blog

Grab My Button


Contact Me At

Archives

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected