Making choosing a color EASY!

Pin It!


 This is a bit off topic for me but I know you can all relate to having those inky fingers. I have them daily! If I don't I know that I just haven't been very creative that day. I have been wearing more nail polish to mask the inky nail syndrome. It's easy to get the ink and glue off my hands but under the nails is another story. I always end up with a tiny bit way under there so a coat of polish masks my daily creativity and I'm off to dinner. :) I used to try one color and then another trying to decide which I wanted to wear but then came up with a great solution!
 

I went out and got the cheapest set of fake nails I could find. I then used each of my nail polishes and painted 2 nails the same color. On the back of one of them I wrote with thin permanent marker the brand of polish.   This way I could quickly find which polish I was looking for.
When they were dry I punched a hole in all the nails towards the tip not the base. For that I use the Tim Holtz Drill Punch. It drills a tiny hole in just about anything (even metal), I use it to make charms for my projects all the time.  For this it was perfect for attaching the nail to the bottle of polish. 
I had the second set of nails as a complete reference with names of the brands on them to find just the right shade without having to rifle through all my bottles of polish!


 
Tip Junkie handmade projects#66

19 comments:

Diana February 7, 2012 at 8:23 AM  

fantastic use of the drill press but question.. why does one have so polishes!! LOL

CBW February 7, 2012 at 8:34 AM  

Very cool Idea< I am in my craft room right now Working on stuff for my make up and nail area, Thanks for the great idea :)

Card Crazy February 7, 2012 at 8:41 AM  

Great idea, Christie. To answer Missusg's question, it's kinda like you can never have too many pairs of shoes or too many colors of nail polish.
Sue S.

Anonymous February 7, 2012 at 9:02 AM  

Great idea !

Unknown February 7, 2012 at 9:23 AM  

Great idea! love your nail polish collection

Kathy Billings February 7, 2012 at 10:35 AM  

I have to tell you that I am a nail tech and I love your idea!!!! I have mine on flat discs with nails around it that you can get really cheap at Sallys and I think I am going to do another one and cut the tips off and attach them to the bottles on my nail polish rack. Thanks a bunch for this great idea Christie.

judyjstamper February 7, 2012 at 10:41 AM  

I rarely wear polish so there's limited choices in my cupboard, but none-the-less, this is a great idea Christie. You are so very creative!!!

ScattyShirley February 7, 2012 at 12:18 PM  

That is NOT a lot of nail polishes. I might count mine up one day and whilst I am doing that I could use your idea. then throw out any that are past their best even after adding a few drops of nail polish remover to the bottle.
I also use them on brads and such to make coloured brads.

Unknown February 7, 2012 at 2:33 PM  

Nail polish is good for crafting:-)

I am going to be bankrupt as well.

Carol

okienurse February 7, 2012 at 3:16 PM  

WTG Christie that is an awesome idea! I find uses for the tools too and love that I bought them all! Thanks for sharing!

Nancy Walker February 7, 2012 at 4:14 PM  

What a fantastic idea! Now I just have to go buy Tim's little drill press...and some fake nails!

kristi@ishouldbemoppingthefloor February 7, 2012 at 4:18 PM  

This is so smart!! I love that you can actually see it on your nails...makes a HUGE difference. Would be delighted for you to link this up to Mop It Up Mondays (going on through Friday): http://www.ishouldbemoppingthefloor.com/2012/02/mop-it-up-mondays-party-2.html
{hugs},
(another) kristi

Cher February 7, 2012 at 8:02 PM  

gosh I wish I had your energy woman LOL...another GREAT idea!

Colleen O February 7, 2012 at 11:50 PM  

Crafty and versatile!!!

BLJ Graves Studio February 8, 2012 at 6:32 AM  

That is a wonderful idea.

jaimie sander February 8, 2012 at 8:23 AM  

OMG-you are too organized! What a great idea!

Lisa February 8, 2012 at 11:16 AM  

This will probably sound really stupid, but I've never used fake nails so I gotta ask. How do you adhere them to your real nails? I'm thinking you can use them again and again??? Do they hold up well?Do they do any damage to your own nails? Love the colors!

Lori February 11, 2012 at 8:02 AM  

I'm going to go broke (okay, broker!) with all your great ideas!! Never throught of using nail colors for brads either, what a great idea!! Blessings to all, Lori

Lisa :) March 5, 2012 at 2:19 AM  

wow this is great!! I have a problem picking out polishes this will mak eit so easy! thanks for sharing!

Post a Comment

If you have a question please leave your email so I can respond, Thank You :)

Follow Me on Pinterest

Search This Blog

Grab My Button


Contact Me At

Archives

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected