Halloween Batch of OWH Cards

Pin It!


 I am shipping off another big box of 192 Operation Write Home cards to our fine Soldiers!  I wanted to share them with you before I got them mailed off.  Most of the cards are Halloween but I also made some for Everyday, I love you, Missing you and Thinking of you.  I worked on this project while I was in the car traveling to our camping trips this past summer.  I will have a future video showing just how I can scrap in the front seat of a car (no, we weren't traveling by moder home, LOL). All of the Halloween cards were made from one single paper stack.  I used the Ravenhead Manor paper stack by Recollections, I purchased it on clearance last year after Halloween. Since I was away from my studio and only had the supplies that I brought with me it challenged me to work with what I had.  I enjoy a challenge and challenge you to also do the same sometime.  It is rewarding to find out what you can come up with when you are not able to have all your resources available to you.  Once my brain started really cranking I started thinking of ideas for other things too.  I had to write them down so I wouldn't forget them by the time we got home. 


All packed up and ready to go!
Here's a peek at what's inside, this is just SOME of the cards...



Some of the die cuts words were made at home using the Cricut Martha Stewart Seasonal Cake cartridge.  There are some great seasonal words on there...Boo, Trick or treat, Happy haunting, etc.






















As you can see with the cards below the same paper I used it in both landscape and portrait format.  When I cut all my mats I was not sure what my plan was going to be for them at that time so I gave myself some options.



 I also created some everyday, I love you, and I miss you cards to send.  They always need those!


 For these butterflies below I used a layering punch from EK Success.  It has all 3 layered punches in the one single punch. Ingenious!





7 comments:

th4eachday September 8, 2011 at 9:45 AM  

I think it is amazing that you can create in the passenger seat of a moving vehicle! I guess you have to be prepared and extremely organized to do so. I miss that by a mile on both.

Peggy in Portland September 8, 2011 at 10:01 AM  

CUTE, CUTE cards!!!!!! LOVE getting something accomplished on "down-time" (car ride, waiting for a dr appt, etc)
Peggy in Portland

Anonymous September 8, 2011 at 12:47 PM  

I would've been car sick before I got out of the city!

Anna

Sharon September 8, 2011 at 6:04 PM  

Wow you have been so busy!!! Wow I bet they appreciate all your hard work!

Anonymous September 9, 2011 at 1:38 PM  

O so cool. we used the same glue at expo creating keepsakes and I love it. Love the fact u can add glitter and then it won't rub off on u. we used heartfelt creations stamps and used the glue in the centers for the glitter. Love the stuff. Good for glueubers too.

Anonymous September 9, 2011 at 1:39 PM  

great job on the cards for the service men. I am sure they will love them. So proud of u.

Unknown November 28, 2012 at 4:37 AM  

Thanks for taking time for sharing this article, it was excellent and very informative. as a first time visitor to your blog I am very impressed. I found a lot of informative stuff in your article. Keep it up. Thank you.


retrieve deleted files

Post a Comment

If you have a question please leave your email so I can respond, Thank You :)

Follow Me on Pinterest

Search This Blog

Grab My Button


Contact Me At

Archives

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected