Glossy Accented Bookmarks

Pin It!

I have been busy working on a variety of projects but I am trying to get all my bookmarks finished for the cruise.  For this set I decided to use Glossy Accents as a detail on each bookmark. For those of you that aren't familiar with Glossy Accents.  It is a dimensional adhesive by Inksentials / Ranger.  It is probably my favorite as it has an incredibly fast dry time and you only need a tiny bit to hold an item.  As you can see it dries clear and my favorite thing is it is strong!  I use it to hold my metal and plastic embellishments to projects.  On these bookmarks I used it on top of my project to add dimension. 
The umbrella man is one of my favorite Tim Holtz stamps and decided that you need to see the rain. I used the Glossy Accents to create the raindrops by adding a drop and dragging the bottle upwards on the page to create the drop.  It dries raised, clear & glossy creating the perfect rain drops.

 For this next one I used the pen nip rubber stamp from his Artful Artifacts.  I repeated the stamp along the bookmark.  I then added Glossy Accents over the top to add dimension.
 Here's another raindrop one.  This one I used the umbrella man die by Sizzix.  Stamped it with the Papillon stamp.  I used the Glossy Accents to attach the umbrella man as well as to make the rain drops.

 The fallen leaves I used the Matte Accents instead of the Glossy Accents.  It just gives a different affect.

The clocks and timepieces were glossied up before I inked the bookmark. It will act as a resist allowing the bottom color to show through.  I also added the game spinners while the Glossy Accents was still wet so that it worked as an adhesive as well. :)

12 comments:

Jingle August 26, 2011 at 8:50 AM  

LOVE the raindrops, LOVE LOVE LOVE the pen nibs,....okay, I could just keep going like this! These are really great!

Unknown August 26, 2011 at 10:13 AM  

these are brilliant, well done, i love bookmarks xx

Willy August 26, 2011 at 10:45 AM  

Wonderful bookmarks and great use of glossy accents!

BrendaLea, the Prpldy August 26, 2011 at 11:56 AM  

I love Glassy Accents too.... but NEVER thought to use them as raindrops. All of the bookmarks are fabulous! Enjoy the cruise.

Bunnyfreak August 26, 2011 at 1:15 PM  

Love the raindrops. Great bookmarks.

Belinda Basson August 26, 2011 at 1:40 PM  

Glossy accents is a must have in my stash of stuff, can't work without it. You have made so much stuff for the cruise, does every one do this? Is it part of the on board activities to swap stuff? Just intrigued...

Shoshi August 26, 2011 at 7:25 PM  

It's That Man Again... Lovely imaginative use of Glossy Accents. Great bookmarks, all of them. The rain one is appropriate for us today in the UK - Very Wet Indeed! I love the pen nibs! So unusual. Great use of book page backgrounds, too.

Sharon August 26, 2011 at 7:35 PM  

The raindrops look so real - what a great "touch"!

Kathy Billings August 26, 2011 at 8:18 PM  

Christie...these are gorgeous. I love Glossy Accents too but never thought of using it this way. I love the raindrops!!!!!!

Nancy S August 27, 2011 at 6:05 AM  

Fabulous projects! wish I were going on the cruise so I could see them in person. tfs the GA ideas.

2amscrapper August 27, 2011 at 10:48 AM  

What wonderful bookmarks and thanks for explaining how to enhance with glossy accents! Love the raindrop idea!

Faye's Crafti Corner August 28, 2011 at 9:37 PM  

Great bookmarks. I am giving you The Butterfly Blog award. Head over to my blog for info. Enjoy the cruise

Post a Comment

If you have a question please leave your email so I can respond, Thank You :)

Follow Me on Pinterest

Search This Blog

Grab My Button


Contact Me At

Archives

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected