Grungy Monday #17

Pin It!

I created these bookmarks for the Grungy Monday # 17 Challenge.  This weeks challenge was to use Tim's Rock Candy Stickles or Rock Candy Crackle.  It doesn't show well in my photos because I don't have close-ups but I used the Stickles on the butterfly above left and the Postmark above left.  I also used it over the entire background on the lower right one before applying the grunge swirls that I alcohol inked.

 The dripping butterfly also got the Rock Candy Stickles.  The back of the bookmark was covered with a coating of Rock Candy Crackle Paint.  Just love that stuff,  I am jazzed it will be coming in a larger size!

 This awesome bird got a bit of Rock Candy Stickles on his little blue belly.  I also added some Vintage Photo Distress Stickles here and there along the branch.  The back of the bookmark got just the hint of some Rock Candy along one side and the bottom.  Just to give some shimmer.

 This one I tried something new.  The front I didn't use any Rock but on the back I first coated it with Blending Fibers a texture gel by Liquitex.  It give it lots of texture and a fabric like appearance (but a bit shinier) I then added a thin coat of Rock Candy Stickles with my finger to catch in the grooves.  It gives it just a shimmer.  Love the effect.

2 comments:

Anonymous July 30, 2011 at 7:28 AM  

I sure do love your bookmarks!
Hugs
Deanne
http://www.deannescreativejuice.blogspot.com

Shoshi August 2, 2011 at 7:35 PM  

Gorgeous bookmarks! They make a change from the tags that everyone makes, and it's a fun challenge to work in such a tall narrow format. Great job, all of them, and lovely colours too.

Post a Comment

If you have a question please leave your email so I can respond, Thank You :)

Follow Me on Pinterest

Search This Blog

Grab My Button


Contact Me At

Archives

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected