Soar Journal

Pin It!

I created this journal for the Grungy Monday challenge that Linda from Studio L3 is hosting. It is an ongoing challenge that if you love to learn Tim Holtz's techniques this is the place to be! This weeks challenge is on Distress Ink with Studio Multi Medium! Love this technique! Since I have done all 4 years of Tim's Christmas Tags and all the Compendium of Curiousities challenges in tags. I figure I have enough tag inspiration for a while. LOL Most of the Grungy Monday techniques are probably ones I have already done in my tags and I'm quickly running out of space. LOL. I am going to create a usable piece of art. Like a journal, cards, pendant, etc. Who knows what I will come up with. Some of them may be cards that I send to Operation Write Home, some I may give as gifts and some I may place for sale in my Etsy store. So if you see something you like, let me know. Don't get me wrong, I'm not looking to get rich or anything. LOL I would like to share my art with others and I do need to support my crafting habit somehow. What better way than by doing what I love, right?


You can find this journal HERE

25 comments:

Marjie Kemper April 8, 2011 at 8:18 AM  

Beautiful book. Love how that wing wraps around the back cover.

Kelly O April 8, 2011 at 8:34 AM  

So beautiful!

Evelyn S. April 8, 2011 at 10:13 AM  

It's a beautiful creation, Christie!!!

Cgra April 8, 2011 at 10:28 AM  

So, so pretty! Love the detail of the wing wrapping around and the bird's crown.

Retta April 8, 2011 at 11:17 AM  

beautiful

Jean Franks Beck April 8, 2011 at 11:53 AM  

So beautiful - I love your colors, and the resist technique looks great!

donna April 8, 2011 at 6:53 PM  

Beautiful. I love your background!..Donna

Sharon April 8, 2011 at 7:59 PM  

Looks great - love the newsprint background and the colour over the top!

1CardCreator April 8, 2011 at 8:11 PM  

Looks gorgeous!

Sue in CT April 9, 2011 at 2:04 AM  

Very pretty colors.

minnie_mac April 9, 2011 at 2:24 AM  

Lovely colours and great resist.

Marilyn

Anonymous April 9, 2011 at 4:54 AM  

Beautifully done! Great journal!

Anonymous April 9, 2011 at 6:40 AM  

Brilliant journal. Now that's given me an idea of what to do for my nephew. Thanks. xx

cathylynn April 9, 2011 at 7:40 AM  

Hi Christie, Wow your journal is GREAT!! Very nice colors and details. Glad I came across your blog today. WOW your craft room is AMAZING!!! Looks like Craft Heaven to me!!!
Hugs, Cathy-Lynn
http://inkthreadpaper-cathylynn.blogspot.com

Unknown April 9, 2011 at 8:05 AM  

That is great - and I didn't even realize the wing wrapped around...was to busy looking at the background effect! But the wing wrapped was definitely perfect!
Jackie

Gloria Westerman April 9, 2011 at 10:29 AM  

So pretty....love this idea....thank you for sharing...

Linda Ledbetter April 9, 2011 at 1:00 PM  

Christie, you've made magic again, girl! This is such a sweet, lovely work of art, and your GM technique couldn't be better. The little queen of birds is TOO CUTE! Love her. Love the entire piece, actually, and it makes a fabulous journal cover!

Corinna April 11, 2011 at 7:50 AM  

This is absolutely fabulous!

Lucy Edmondson April 12, 2011 at 10:53 AM  

This is beautiful, Christie!

Lucy x

Lynn Stevens April 12, 2011 at 11:05 AM  

Love your journal!
Lynn

Sharon April 12, 2011 at 2:38 PM  

Love how you have decorated this - I love the sewing theme and yours is very effective.

www.cricutcraftyclare.blogspot.com April 12, 2011 at 5:16 PM  

Must be something about us fashion design majors, that we are always drawn to dress forms! I love this journal and have been looking at the TH dress form stamp! Did you see my latest layout with a dress form (it's at my blog)? Hope you are well and that we can get in some scrapping before school lets out!

2amscrapper April 13, 2011 at 6:21 AM  

fantastic journal cover!

Anonymous April 13, 2011 at 9:20 AM  

I love this. I've really, really got to get myself a sewing plate. xx

Sue in CT April 13, 2011 at 4:58 PM  

Very nice!!!!

Post a Comment

If you have a question please leave your email so I can respond, Thank You :)

Follow Me on Pinterest

Search This Blog

Grab My Button


Contact Me At

Archives

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected