Kyler's Card & whimsical gift wrap

Pin It!

I made a card for Kyler's gifts that we brought to the shower this past weekend. I used different chipboard letters and painted them all in brown with the Adirondack Paint Daubers. I also, for the first time, tried my hand at quilling. It's so fun, fast and easy. I made these little feet for the front of the card. Loved it so much I can see myself learning to do much more of it in the future!

I wrapped up the gifts using plain kraft paper that you would use for shipping and then added monkey and leaves all over the packages. I felt it needed something more, something 3-D so I added daisies that I hot glued on. Love how cut and whimsical it turned out!

10 comments:

ScattyShirley March 7, 2011 at 11:38 AM  

Love the wrapping !! and the card is so cute.

1CardCreator March 7, 2011 at 12:37 PM  

Love the quilling and the monkeys and daisy's are perfect!

crotnem March 7, 2011 at 1:05 PM  

Now those are the cutest pair a feet I've seen in
a while! Great job Christy!!!

Anonymous March 7, 2011 at 1:52 PM  

The feet are SO ADORABLE!!!!

Shelley March 7, 2011 at 2:00 PM  

Love your gift wrapping and those little quilled feet are amazing!

VA March 7, 2011 at 4:42 PM  

Those little feet are so cute!! Fabulous job on the wrapping!! I bet they were sad to 'tear into' that gorgeous package!! TFS

Sue in CT March 7, 2011 at 6:17 PM  

Very cute! I know someone who was into Quilling but I never got into it. It is an art all its own and I just don't have the time. However I enjoy looking at it and your little feet are fantastic and add a dimension to your card that would be lost if they were of card stock. Very nice.
I also love that wrap job!

Gloria Westerman March 8, 2011 at 6:15 AM  

This is the cutest thing I have ever seen.....simple adorable...I will have to do this for my grandson birthday......thank you for the inspiration.....

scrapy1 March 8, 2011 at 9:09 PM  

Christy, I think you are one of the most creative people overall that I have come across.
You never cease to amaze me with all the adorable ideas you come up with no matter what the medium or occasion.
Absoulutely beautiful ideas! Those diaper designs are just so darn cute!
Kathy B

Charissa March 9, 2011 at 1:23 PM  

Daisies and monkeys - I never would have thought of that. It came out great!

Post a Comment

If you have a question please leave your email so I can respond, Thank You :)

Follow Me on Pinterest

Search This Blog

Grab My Button


Contact Me At

Archives

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected