Steampunk Receipt Holder

Pin It! I have been working on this project for a couple of days. I made this Steampunk Receipt Holder for our new Game Room. You can find the tray with attached receipt holders at Scrapbook.com I thought it would be a great place to hold some of our winning scores that we might want to save like from Yahtzee or a card game. We can also post pictures of friends or family sharing in the fun. Alot of the papers and accents are from Graphic 45, 7 Gypsies and Tim Holtz. I love how well they all work together.

I punched a hole in the metal to be able to screw on the Tim Holtz knob and hang the 7 Gypsies charm from it.

The roses on this one I dyed myself using alcohol ink. I also added dimensional clock hands behind the clock face with dimensional pearl paint.


I just love this piece. I don't know where I picked up the feather but I attached a key that I inked with alcohol inks to make it the coloring that I wanted. The ribbon I tied in a little different way, I didn't want a box or simple tie.

The gentleman's block I added some subway tokens that I had picked up along the way. And the one with the butterfly I added a tag with a few gears. I also added a leaf by Tim Holtz.

To hand it we used a simple screw (which I will be covering with a subway token) and added a few charms and do dads to the chain to jazz it up.

12 comments:

wwilloww February 11, 2011 at 8:17 AM  

Another beautiful piece Christie!! You will have to do a video when your game room is complete, so we can see not just your interior design flare but how you displayed your wonderful works of art!!!

Elaine A February 11, 2011 at 8:19 AM  

Christie -

This is such a gorgeous piece. You've done a truly beautiful job on it.

Elaine Allen

Anonymous February 11, 2011 at 9:24 AM  

Oh that is FANTASTIC!!!! I LOVE all the goodies there are to see there!!!! Wonderful job as always ma'am!!!!

freida February 11, 2011 at 10:12 AM  

How creative! :) This is one AMAZING piece of art! FABULOUS job!

Shelly Hickox February 11, 2011 at 12:26 PM  

This is fantastic!

JennyKozar February 11, 2011 at 4:31 PM  

Stunning - just stunning!

Lynlee February 11, 2011 at 5:48 PM  

LOVE this!

Gloria Westerman February 12, 2011 at 12:33 PM  

Oh Christie this is so cool.....I love it....

Tana February 12, 2011 at 2:03 PM  

Wow! This is amazing!!

Unknown February 14, 2011 at 3:48 PM  

I added the info on where you can get the Receipt Tray in the post!

Sue in CT February 14, 2011 at 5:37 PM  

I love all the different elements you have going on here and all the details. I can't wait to see your game room when your done with it. Great job!

Shelley February 15, 2011 at 7:59 AM  

Wowza! I've been staring for a while now and have just come to my senses long enough to comment. I notice a different element every time I look at it and I'm still awed by this piece.
Amazing work!

Post a Comment

If you have a question please leave your email so I can respond, Thank You :)

Follow Me on Pinterest

Search This Blog

Grab My Button


Contact Me At

Archives

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected