Kyler's Quilt

Pin It!

I made a baby quilt for my first grandson to be. The shower is next weekend and am very excited. I found this monkey fabric at JoAnn's . It is absolutely perfect as Keith and Felicia are doing a Monkey / Jungle theme baby room. Primarily in light green. I couldn't have designed fabric any better for the occasion!!! I used a pattern out of the Fat Quarter Quilt book by M'liss Rae Hawley. The pattern is called Roman Stripes, I have used this pattern before and just love it. It is a quick and easy pattern and if you are doing a baby size quilt you will have enough for 2 quilts. One for the baby and one for Grandma's house. LOL

I wrote this dedication using Word on my computer and then printed it onto T-Shirt transfer. After ironing it onto white quilt fabric I stitched it on the back of the quilt. Then finished the quilt by binding it with the soft flannel fabric.
Here is the dedication that I used:

This quilt is made of cloth and thread
To place upon your little bed.
It's not an heirloom just to keep,
But to lie upon as you count sheep.
Or perhaps the floor's the perfect place
For a you and your teddy bears picnic space.
This quilt can be anything you can dream
From Superman's cape to the robe of a king.
Pretend it's a raft adrift at sea,
Or just cuddle up when you watch TV
So use it up and wear it out.
I promise I won't yell or pout.
Just tell me when its days are through,
And I'll make another one just for you.
Made With Love By Grandma Christie
Especially for Kyler Timothy Hund

12 comments:

ScrappyHeartz February 25, 2011 at 8:18 AM  

Love it!! The colors are great!! Congrats, Grandma!!

HeartAMZ1@aol.com
Debbie Chapman

Elaine A February 25, 2011 at 8:49 AM  

Christie -

What a sweet quilt! I am sure this will become one of Kyler's favorite things. And I love your poem on the back of the quilt.

Elaine Allen

Carol W. February 25, 2011 at 8:50 AM  

OMG what a wonderful quilt! love the poem and the colors are amazing! TFS

Tana February 25, 2011 at 11:07 AM  

This is perfect!!! Kyler's blessed to have you as a grandma! My son's nursery was monkeys too! :)

Anonymous February 25, 2011 at 3:13 PM  

Please, please tell me that you used the "tube" quilting technique on this. If you don't know about it, search for tube quilt on youtube. It is really amazing. The video by missouristarquiltco is the one I like the most.

Donita Haynes February 25, 2011 at 6:00 PM  

I admit, the dedication made me cry! What a wonderful thing being a grammy is! :)

Sharon Huffman February 25, 2011 at 7:05 PM  

That is such a cute quilt! The dedication makes it very special and something to be cherished.

Bonnie February 25, 2011 at 7:14 PM  

Tell the truth Christie, you have figured out how to bend time to your will. somehow, I am sure that you get more than 24 hours out of each day. You are like the energizer bunny on speed. The quilt is amazing and the dedication brought a tear to my eye. You never cease to amaze me.

Gloria Westerman February 26, 2011 at 9:39 AM  

This is so precious....and I know he will use it for years to come.....I love your dedication quote.....a true heirloom to cherish......love it....thank you for sharing this with us....

Anonymous February 26, 2011 at 10:51 AM  

Beautiful Quilt!

Danka Doo February 26, 2011 at 4:51 PM  

What a special, special gift!! I know the simple cotton blankies my MIL made for our son were the ones I cherished most. When my son found his favorite, she bought more of the same fabric. I still have the frayed remnants of the orginal blankie in his hope chest. Congrats on the upcoming addition to your family.

Ellen February 27, 2011 at 3:04 PM  

I thought the quilt was special all by itself. Then I read the sentiment for the back of it! What a beautiful and thoughtful gift for your grandbaby. I hope he has lots of fun with his quilt. Enjoy being a grandma!!!

Post a Comment

If you have a question please leave your email so I can respond, Thank You :)

Follow Me on Pinterest

Search This Blog

Grab My Button


Contact Me At

Archives

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected