Handyman Hero

Pin It! When my Wonderful Dad retired from his career at USG I knew I had to create something extra special for him. He is always helping everyone around him. He is definitely my HERO!!! Those of you that follow my blog or know me personally know that I am always like to make the presentation of my gifts as meaningful and charming as the gift itself. For my Dad, who is always building or creating his own creation (only on a much larger scale..like room additions, etc.) I thought that my own gift creations were suiting to him.

I wrapped the gifts in plain black gift wrap patter and then tied the yellow ruler ribbon around it. I adhered one or two "tool" sticker to each package.

The "big" gift of a toolbox filled with hugs and kisses (Hersheys) and an IPOD got a special wrapping treatment. I chose a lot of different fonts from my Cricut and also from fonts that I have on my computer. I used the Sure Cuts a Lot (SCAL) or the Make the Cut (MTC) along with my Cricut. I thought of a bunch of words that described my Dad and then cut them in vinyl. It was a big hit.

The last gift was more for my Mom than for my Dad, I think. I used a long picture frame, I took out the glass and covered it with chalkboard paper. I put the chalkboard covered glass back into the frame and then added letters cut from my Cricut. I used Glossy Accents to glue the mini tools to the board. Now my Dad has a custom "Honey Do List". At the party everyone had fun writing there projects that they want my Dad to do at their house.

15 comments:

Unknown January 4, 2011 at 8:45 PM  

very cute project for the handy men in our lives.
Thanks for sharing!

Liz

Angela January 4, 2011 at 9:26 PM  

Very nice and I was just thinking about something like that for my hubby's birthday! Thanks for the ideas!

Sharon Huffman January 4, 2011 at 10:17 PM  

What a thoughtful gift, both for your Dad and your Mom!

Jennifer January 4, 2011 at 11:04 PM  

Christie,

You are so creative!!! :) I bet your father was so touched!

Thank you so much for sharing,

Jennifer
partridgelu at yahoo dot com

Carol W. January 5, 2011 at 9:44 AM  

tto cute! TFS!

Chris Hanselman January 5, 2011 at 11:45 AM  

Christie, your talent and creativty never ceases to amaze me. And I see you now you got it from your dad.

Sue in CT January 5, 2011 at 12:22 PM  

Very nice...I know I would have had fun with the to do list. Those tools on the package were such a great idea too. I wouldn't of thought of that. (I am still stuck on the to do list.)Everything looks fantastic but where did you find black wrapping paper? Only one I recall seeing had the "over the hill" stuff on it. Did I tell you I love that to do list? ...LOL

Corinna January 5, 2011 at 2:19 PM  

This is just the cutest thing! Love the tool cut-outs you attached to the packages.

Beckie Williams January 5, 2011 at 6:28 PM  

What a really cute gifts. You did such a great job!!

Annel & Steve January 5, 2011 at 6:41 PM  

WOW what a Great gift and a fun way to do it. thanks for sharing with us.
annel

Trish D January 5, 2011 at 8:37 PM  

What a lovely and thoughtful gift for your father. Well done :)

Ellis January 6, 2011 at 7:54 AM  

What a wonderful thing to do for your dad! =)
Hugs, Elenor

ellen vargo designs January 7, 2011 at 10:38 AM  

LOVE this tag - the eye peaking through is genius! Love it's simplicity!

Tana January 9, 2011 at 9:08 PM  

What a great gift! I bet he loved it. Where'd you get the tape measure ribbon? It's adorable! It'd be great for pregnancy pictures too. ;)

GW January 16, 2011 at 5:16 PM  

I love that ribbon, too, and would like to know where you found it. Your wrapping and your gifts are both terrific! Isn't Make the Cut wonderful? I can't imagine having my Cricut without it.
gw@gardenwife.com

Post a Comment

If you have a question please leave your email so I can respond, Thank You :)

Follow Me on Pinterest

Search This Blog

Grab My Button


Contact Me At

Archives

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected