Operation Write Home Holiday Card Challenge

Pin It!

Welcome to my first challenge. I came up the idea to do an Operation Write Home Christmas/Holiday card challenge. What better way to use our time and talent than to support our fine heroes.

Marlo at Contain Ya Crafts has been very generous to donate a brand new PINK suede tote to the random winner of this challenge!!!


The challenge will run between Monday, October 11th - Sunday, October 17th

The rules are simple...
1. Make a card, A2 size, (5.5" X 4.25" folded in half), that is of a Christmas/Holiday theme. You can make more than one, make and send as many as you want. But only one entry per person.
2. NO GLITTER!!! That is the only decoration rule. You can use anything but glitter. It is hazardous to the soldiers as it can flake off and if they have glitter on their uniforms it can put them at risk - it can make them visible to night vision goggles, and that is just not a risk we're willing to take! Stickles and glitter pens are okay.
3. No Handwritten Sentiments. If you don't have a sentiment stamp to so with your card, feel free to let it be a card with no sentiment. Do not hand write sentiments outside or inside the cards. They've gotten some emails from heroes' spouses indicating a momentary panic when a card from their husband had a woman's handwriting on it- and we want to avoid even a second of angst for these dear spouses.
4. Please leave the inside of the card blank for the soldiers to write their own message to their loved ones.
5. The back of the card needs to be stamped with the Operation Write Home stamp. I would be happy to stamp them and mail them to the shipper. You can sign the back and add your blog or any info you want be fore sending them to me. Or if you wish you can send them directly to the shipper of your choice you can find them at http://operationwritehome.org/mailroom
6. Remember all cards need to be received by me (P.O.Box 8399, Bartlett, IL 60103)by Oct 26th or the OWH shipper by October 30th.
Have Fun!!!


Here are some of the cards I made to send the soldiers this year...

9 comments:

Dana October 11, 2010 at 9:49 AM  

Hey Christie - What about Flock or snow? Is that ok?

Sharon Huffman October 11, 2010 at 11:20 AM  

I'll be working on this all week and will post one of my cards. In the meantime I've posted a link to your challenge on my blog at http://craftroomtransformation.blogspot.com/2010/10/operation-write-home-card-challenge.html

Unknown October 11, 2010 at 12:56 PM  

flock or snow should be ok as I've not seen anything about that on the operation write home site

Pssequimages October 11, 2010 at 9:30 PM  

NO questions--but a big THANK you for being willing to stamp and send these on for us. See my blog http://pssequimages.blogspot.com Next week several will get together and make some cards in lieu of another meeting...how about that!

lena-dailyscrap October 13, 2010 at 2:03 PM  

Beautiful! Love that little face!

Gloria October 14, 2010 at 10:20 PM  

Thank you for this huge responsibility you have taken on. I will be making more cards before this weekend and next week. I will send them on Wednesday so they are sure to get to you in time. Are we to include envelopes also? -OmaGloria-

Nancy Zunic October 15, 2010 at 7:41 AM  

I like this. It made me go out and buy some hanging fragments! I wanted to share the trifold card I made using alot of my Tim Holtz "toys". (LOL)

Unknown October 15, 2010 at 9:32 AM  

Don't worry about postage on the envelopes or even the envelopes for the cards themselves if they are the A2 size. But please remember to enter into the challenge by posting a photo of a card using the "add your link" button. :)

newfiecrafter(Marilyn) October 17, 2010 at 2:32 PM  

Beautiful tag love how you dangled the charm fragments .
Marilyn

Post a Comment

If you have a question please leave your email so I can respond, Thank You :)

Follow Me on Pinterest

Search This Blog

Grab My Button


Contact Me At

Archives

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected