Leveling Books For the Classroom

Pin It!




This past week I have been busy helping a friend, who is a teacher, level her books for her classroom. I learned that leveling books is a useful tool for the children as is helps when learning to read when to move from one book "level" to another. I used my Cricut to label all of her books with the alphabetical letter to correspond with the level of the book. Scholastic has a website that helped me find what level the books were at by entering in the name of the book or the author. The books are now easy for the children to visually find what level they can read at and are easy to put back on the shelf when done.
To do this I made the letters using mostly All Mixed Up with the exception of a few that I thought might be hard for the kids to read, those I used Opposites Attract. I made the letters at 1 7/8" and backed them with the Shadow Blackout circle on the All Mixed up cartridge cut at 2" I used the paper saver mode and was able to cut 49 of them on a 12 X 12 sheet of black card stock. I then ran them through my Xyron sticker maker and attached them to the appropriate books. They are now easy to sort and easy to find. Great tip for teachers and parents too!

8 comments:

Kristie Maynard May 24, 2010 at 4:16 PM  

What a great idea and such a huge help for the teacher as well as the kiddos!

Jobove - Reus May 25, 2010 at 11:11 AM  

very good blog, congratulations
regard from Reus Catalonia
thank you

Anonymous May 25, 2010 at 3:58 PM  

Great tutorial! I'm wondering where you buy your Mini Misters? Are you able to buy them in bulk?

Thanks!
Karen kbrig@ptd.net

MikesDork May 30, 2010 at 1:39 AM  

My mom really likes the tattered angels glimmer mist, I was thinking about making her some of these. Your tutorial is great.

I have a few questions, where do you get your mini misters? What were the two things (besides water) that you put in there. Can you give me brand names please? Thanks! Kasey mikesdork@gmail.com

Turnedgypsy June 1, 2010 at 12:50 PM  

Wow, I love your info here. I am new to paper crafting and have not tried these mist yet. You have visited my blog. I am turnedgypsy. I will check you out often for great techinques. I hope to get better at this craft.

Thank You
Chris
Giveaways going on each week at my blog. I have not been paper crafting that long and need inspiration, thanks

http://turnedgypsy.blogspot.com

Az Scrappin Sisters June 26, 2010 at 6:07 PM  

Huge help! Wish I had known this while I was still teaching!!

jcraig78@aol.com July 11, 2010 at 9:27 AM  

Thanks for helping me with this Christie! Those 1st graders are going to be happy. Now I will need to make sure they don't pick the sticker off! Ha ha! Thanks again for helping me level my books. LOL your BFF Julie : ))

Ivy July 20, 2010 at 11:39 AM  

Thank you for the prompt reply! I love how they turned out!

Post a Comment

If you have a question please leave your email so I can respond, Thank You :)

Follow Me on Pinterest

Search This Blog

Grab My Button


Contact Me At

Archives

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected