Hugs & Kisses For All - Favor Cake

Pin It!


This gorgeous cake is entirely made of paper, well... it has a chocolate center if that counts!  I needed to come up with something fabulous for Kyler's Christening favors and I wanted to make it special.  So I started creating these cake slices...one thing led to another and I ended up with a beautiful 3 layer cake with some cupcakes gathered at the base (possibly looks like a 4th layer?).  Whenever I'm working on a project I usually don't have my entire project mapped out ahead of me, maybe I have a general idea of what I want to do and then just let creativity take over. 


 Both the cake slice box and the cupcake box were cut from the Eclips Albums, Bags & Boxes #2 cartridge.  I cut the cake slices in two different sizes to get the layered cake effect and then topped it with one of the cupcakes.

  Each one has is filled with HUGS & KISSES from baby Kyler!!!


I have always loved Penny Duncan's creations and she had just the perfect cross for this occasion. And, of course I had to dress up those sweet little cupcakes! I used the Flower Burst punch from EK Success to adorn the all the sides.  A perfect fit! 


The flowers on this cake were all cut with the Eclips using the Albums, Bags & Boxes #2 cartridge.  I liked that I could cut the flower at a variety of sizes to give them a more natural and nonuniform shape.  That is as natural as blue flowers can be.  I cut them all from white card stock and then sprayed them with my homemade shimmer mist.  Once all my flowers were cut, I rolled them while zoning out in front of the TV.  A quick spritz of water before shaping helps soften the paper making it easy to mold just how you want, even on the tiniest of flowers. 


I just love how this favor cake turned out.  I see making many more in the future!  So many ideas running through my head...the wheels are spinning... 

Don't worry there will be a video coming in the very, very near future on how exactly I made this.  I just wanted to share the pics right away with you.  But I promise you it will be coming :)

31 comments:

Shoshi September 10, 2011 at 7:46 AM  

How gorgeous is that??? What a brilliant idea! Looking forward to the video.

Kris Dietz September 10, 2011 at 7:55 AM  

This cake is beautiful! I love the decorations and design. TFS. Can't wait to see the video.

ScrappyHeartz September 10, 2011 at 7:56 AM  

Gorgeous!! love it !! Thanks for sharing!

HeartAMZ1@aol.com
Debbie Chapman

Anonymous September 10, 2011 at 7:57 AM  

Love it!!! Great job.

Laura September 10, 2011 at 7:57 AM  

Yep, it is gorgeous.

Sharon September 10, 2011 at 8:01 AM  

Wow amazing! What a work of art - bet a lot of time went into that!

Dorothy September 10, 2011 at 8:18 AM  

You are soooo talented...and patient!!
Love it!

Anonymous September 10, 2011 at 8:42 AM  

THIS IS SO LOVELY
WELL DONE YOU
HUGS CHRISSY O
XX

Cynthia September 10, 2011 at 8:59 AM  

Having made those cake boxes, I can really appreciate the work you put into this cake! Amazing design and creativity! Do you craft in your sleep? ;)

Bast September 10, 2011 at 9:14 AM  

Wow this cake is stunning! You really outdid yourself with this one. The flowers are just beautiful.

TFS

KimMJ
bast830@comcast.net

Unknown September 10, 2011 at 9:17 AM  

I love it...beautifully done. I love all the layers to it. Great job.
I recently made a cake also and if you get a chance I'd love for you to check it out.
http://createbyburffrau.blogspot.com/2011/08/wedding-cake.html
Hugs
Brenda

Belinda Basson September 10, 2011 at 9:40 AM  

This is stunning, So pretty with the scallop edge and the cup cakes are beautiful with their flowers.

Anonymous September 10, 2011 at 9:59 AM  

your grandson will be sooooooooo proud - love it
what a super gift - is there anything you don't do???????????????
God bless

Anonymous September 10, 2011 at 10:02 AM  

Kristi, how in the world do you get all this done? Your creativity amazes me and the amount that you create seemingly in such a short time. Thanks for sharing all these wonderful creations and keep up the good work. I am always excited to see a new post from you. God bless..Ann West Orlando, FL

Joanne September 10, 2011 at 10:06 AM  

Very impressive! I love the soft colours as well. Love seeing what you have been up to as well.
Joanne
www.tryingtobecreative-joanne.blogspot.com
(I get your posts on Sure Cuts A Lot Users.

Sharon September 10, 2011 at 10:21 AM  

This turned out beautiful.

Sharon

Chrisann September 10, 2011 at 10:30 AM  

Stunning :)

Retta September 10, 2011 at 11:58 AM  

This is just lovely, great work.

Peggy in Portland September 10, 2011 at 12:23 PM  

WOW!
Love this

Ann September 10, 2011 at 12:29 PM  

Terribly fabulous!

scrapingmom12 September 10, 2011 at 1:42 PM  

It is so pretty I love it all... I really love the cross which die did you use for it????

Bunnyfreak September 10, 2011 at 1:51 PM  

Stunning cake. Love the cross.

Anonymous September 10, 2011 at 3:08 PM  

LOVE LOVE LOVE!!! You need to sell these!

Anna Hall Grillot

the PaperTemptress September 10, 2011 at 4:31 PM  

Stunning presentation!!! Isn't being a grandmother the best???? I have 4 grandbabies that I ADORE, truly my heart walking outside of my body! I can tell you feel the same way about yours!
Patricia
the PaperTemptress

Anonymous September 10, 2011 at 5:56 PM  

Fabulous Christie.

Lynn

Faye September 10, 2011 at 8:49 PM  

WOW!!

Anonymous September 10, 2011 at 11:39 PM  

I love it!!!

Dana Weaver Moore September 11, 2011 at 7:40 PM  

Christie - God gave you a big dose of creativity! Thank you for sharing...this is absolutely beautiful.

Priscilla September 12, 2011 at 1:41 PM  

Wow...excellent!!

Mimi2six September 13, 2011 at 8:33 AM  

You did a great job on these banners. Of course there have been banners for years, but this is your take, your decorating or designing the banners. I think you did a fantastic job. I think you are so creative and talented, I appreciate what you do. I would get rid of the "mean spirited" comments.

My Adventures in Crafting December 22, 2011 at 8:53 PM  

I just came across your website today and I was just wondering are you still using SCAL with your Cricut, because of health issues I have not been able to craft in a while and was hoping I could still use it, I already have it at home. Your site is great and I am sorry about your friend you and your friends are in my prayers.

Teresa

Post a Comment

If you have a question please leave your email so I can respond, Thank You :)

Follow Me on Pinterest

Search This Blog

Grab My Button


Contact Me At

Archives

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected