3 Dimensional Christening Card

Pin It!


Kyler's Christening deserved an extra special card. 
 So I created this one especially for him. 

The first element I created was the Bible, for that I used the Spellbinders Nestabilities Labels #7 die. I cut a larger one out of brown shimmer card stock .  From the die that was one size smaller than the cover of the bible I cut four sheets of cream color shimmer card stock.  I inked, stamped and distressed the bible to give it an aged look.  I rolled the edges of the pages and added some foam tape in between the pages to add dimension.  The bookmark is made from a piece of leather and a little metal cross.  This fall I will be catching up on all my video tuts and this book is already on my list to do a tutorial on.  So look for it soon. 


The next element that I worked on was the banner across the front of the card.  I wanted to bring in elements from the decorations from the party so they would have memories from the celebration built in to the card.  The banner is similar to the one that I created for the party decor.  The birds and little flowers are like the ones that were on his cake and centerpiece (those will be future posts).  These little birds are from Jolee and the banner is from My Minds Eye.


For the inside of the card I made a simple sentiment using my Word processing in my computer and cut it to fit the space.  I matted it with the same brown shimmer card stock as the bible and used a banner tag from My Minds Eye to bring in a hint of the light blue from the banner. 




Since this card was going to be hand delivered I didn't worry about the bulk that the dimensional bible gave to the card.  If it was going to be mailed I probably wouldn't have made it with so many pages.  But it REALLY turned out phenomenal with all that dimension and texture!
Something to treasure forever.



15 comments:

Jingle September 13, 2011 at 7:41 AM  

This is beautiful! That dimensional book looks amazing!

2amscrapper September 13, 2011 at 7:41 AM  

I love the banner and how you curled the pages. Great cake below too!

Sharon September 13, 2011 at 8:09 AM  

Looks like a lot of work went into this!

Tina Campbell September 13, 2011 at 8:37 AM  

Wow what a gorgeous card for a great event. Love all the dimensions to it and the bible is something else. God must have been flowing through you while you were making it, a great way to show his glory!

moknowsall September 13, 2011 at 10:03 AM  

all of your christening projects have been wonderful...the colors are so special and your work is exceptional... thanks for sharing

maureen

Sue in CT September 13, 2011 at 12:17 PM  

Very nice. That looks like a real bible...just turn the page. Such detail. I know they will treasure that card.

Bunnyfreak September 13, 2011 at 12:22 PM  

Love the dimension. The Bible is amazing. What a special card for a special day.

Four11Lady September 13, 2011 at 6:10 PM  

That is one beautiful card. I will be watching for the tutorial, although I think you explained it really well in your post! TFS

Evita @ amateurcrafts.blogspot.com September 14, 2011 at 1:55 AM  

I have been a silent visitor to your blog from long but could not stop myself this time from leaving a comment. This is beautiful and I gain great inspiration from your art. I am pregnant and looking out for ideas to make it special as my baby enters this world and everything you create gives me those ideas. I am sure your lil one would cherish all the beautiful things for life. God bless Kyler :)
Evita

Gloria Westerman September 14, 2011 at 6:31 AM  

Oh Christie this is so beautiful!!! I love it and it is truly a cherish piece for your family.....and such a inspiration to me.....and so looking forward to your videos.....

Trisha September 14, 2011 at 7:43 AM  

Christie, this is such an outstanding project!! Beautiful!! Thanks for posting about all the projects you do. I'll be watching for the tutorial on this one, for sure!!!

Mickey's Craft World September 17, 2011 at 6:54 PM  

Awesome idea Christina....

Mickey

Mickey's Craft World September 17, 2011 at 6:56 PM  

sorry...meant Christie..lol

Anonymous January 31, 2012 at 7:06 AM  

Christie...This is BREATHTAKINGLY BEAUTIFUL ma'am!!! I love everything about this piece!! What a special treasure it is for his parents to keep forever!!!!!

Danica March 12, 2013 at 7:04 PM  

Your christening cards are really elegant! I was actually looking for uniqueness for such cards. Good job!

Post a Comment

If you have a question please leave your email so I can respond, Thank You :)

Follow Me on Pinterest

Search This Blog

Grab My Button


Contact Me At

Archives

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected