Shadow Box Notepad

Pin It!


I created this Shadow box note pad for the Grungy Monday challenge. I've been pretty busy this week so it's more like Grungy Friday for me. LOL I love this idea of placing the item inside of the foam core cut out to create the shadow box effect. You can see exactly how Tim does it by clicking here. If you are interested in my "Time Flies" shadow box note pad you can find it HERE.
I had plenty of foam core laying around as I am reorganizing all of my ribbon right now. Wow, what a challenge that is! I had spools of all shapes and sizes. It was somewhat organized but I had my spools in one spot, the ribbon that was wound on cardboard in another and 3 of the floss boxes filled with smaller ribbons. So to find the ribbon I needed I had to go to 3 different areas to check my stash. Yeah, that didn't happen often. I am now working on winding it all on 2" X 3" pieces of foam core that I cut from a large piece that I bought and just cut down. I am securing the ends with a rubber band. I am not really brand conscious so I am just pitching the spools. OMG it is saving SOOO much room and looks so much better. I should have it done very soon. I will post the final pics when I'm done...hopefully tonight. I have even gotten my husband to help with the project. Last night we worked on them for 3 hours...still not done.

19 comments:

Jingle April 29, 2011 at 11:01 AM  

I love this! So cute!

Charity-Adams Acres April 29, 2011 at 11:40 AM  

This is a great idea. It just answered a question as to what to do with all my daughters track medals. Thanks for sharing.

Sharon Huffman April 29, 2011 at 12:17 PM  

Wow, can't wait to see your ribbon storage!

Organizing Tips Tools Ideas Products April 29, 2011 at 1:02 PM  

Of course it's amazing. You made it!!

Stacy April 29, 2011 at 1:04 PM  

Can't wait to see the finished product. Hurry up and share! :)

Sharon April 29, 2011 at 5:32 PM  

Wow that is great! Love the key recessed into the notebook!

Jane April 29, 2011 at 7:03 PM  

Cute idea to make a journal cover. Your ribbon storage sounds interesting. Be sure to post the results.

Martha April 29, 2011 at 10:12 PM  

This is a very cool idea! I'm going to give it a try. Thanks!

Rachelle April 30, 2011 at 12:03 AM  

Turned out great! I love the recessed key.

Capescrapper April 30, 2011 at 7:53 AM  

FANTASTIC idea!!! Love the simplicity of the cover! Perfect!

Suzanne Bouchard April 30, 2011 at 9:23 AM  

Wowo! What a stunning cover. The sahdow box really makes the key pop up!

trisha too April 30, 2011 at 10:17 AM  

Great notebook, and good luck with your organizing! It does make it easier--mine are stored in a similar way, and it makes it so easy to see what you have!

:)

Sue in CT May 1, 2011 at 12:23 AM  

I love it! Very Tim Holtz like. Good luck with the organization there. I had everything organized here and I still lose things.

Anonymous May 1, 2011 at 8:38 AM  

Stunning notebook! Love the elements you chose!

Michele Oliver May 1, 2011 at 12:36 PM  

Amazing job, this would get anybodies creative juices flowing.

Shelley May 1, 2011 at 8:52 PM  

Christina, I love your ribbon storage solution.

Shelley

Julia May 2, 2011 at 7:42 AM  

Christie, love your blog, and what a lot of work on that ribbon stash.
HOWEVER, rubber bands are ACIDIC and rot over time, so please take them off and find another way to secure these ribbons, like a stainless pin.
IT WILL BE BETTER FOR YOUR RIBBONS.

Christy May 2, 2011 at 9:12 AM  

Great look to that...very nice idea!!! Christy-Just Cards!

Marjie Kemper May 2, 2011 at 4:40 PM  

Fantastic job - love this piece!

Post a Comment

If you have a question please leave your email so I can respond, Thank You :)

Follow Me on Pinterest

Search This Blog

Grab My Button


Contact Me At

Archives

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected