Homemade Graveyard

Pin It!


I wanted to share with you some of my homemade Halloween decorations.
I made these tombstones a few years ago but as you can see they are holding up very nicely. I made all of them in one weekend. I started with just plain pink thick insulation purchased from Home Depot. I printed all of my designs on the computer in different fonts and transferred them to the to "stones" by just drawing over the paper to dent the foam. After I removed the paper I carved out my design with a Dremel and painted the carvings in Black outdoor paint and the stones in Grey flat outdoor paint. I created a darker shade of grey by mixing in a little black to create the shading and make a worn weathered look.

"Berry D. Hatchet
It does my heart a world of good, to see you in a box of wood"

One of my favorites...

"F. Yura Vandal
The graveyard has cameras
And alarms on the props,
Disturbing the contents
Will summon the cops"



"Reid N. Weep
While living men my tomb do views
Remember well, there's room for you"



"M.T.Tomb"

"Fester N. Rott"

"Gil A. Teen
A Tisket
A Casket
His Head is in
The Basket"

"I.M.Gone"


"Count Dracula
1236
1458
1527
1703
1823
1995"

A Tall Skinny tombstone
"Anna Rexick"

The stone in front of Anna's I didn't make
"Otta B. Alive

I told you I was sick"


"Frank N. Stein"

22 comments:

Colleen October 6, 2010 at 7:19 AM  

I thought my front yard looked good, until I saw this!

Elaine A October 6, 2010 at 7:56 AM  

Christie -

These are just ghoulish! I love them, I bet folks stop in front of your house all the time - LOL!

Elaine Allen

Shelly October 6, 2010 at 8:16 AM  

OMG...I can't believe you made all of those! They look amazing! How fun! TFS!

shari October 6, 2010 at 11:20 AM  

Great job, your yard is Awesome. Shari (cricutrookie)

Carolyn October 6, 2010 at 1:23 PM  

You did a great job on these and I am sure it was cheaper than buying them at a halloween shop. Great sayings on them.

Ellis October 6, 2010 at 4:05 PM  

Wow, you really make lot's of things and these were fabuous and cool! =)
Hugs, Elenor

Celeste B. October 6, 2010 at 4:41 PM  

Those are absolutely perfect!!! I love all of them! :)

bgardencreations October 6, 2010 at 6:26 PM  

These are great, Christie! Just wondering, are they waterproof? I would love to do something like this...but here in Oregon all yard ornaments have to be waterproof!

Anonymous October 6, 2010 at 8:03 PM  

I love your house and your Halloween decorations are AWESOME~ Your BFF Julie

Valerie October 6, 2010 at 8:06 PM  

Gosh I love these. We did thse as kids too but not near as awesome

Beckie Williams October 6, 2010 at 8:33 PM  

I love it!! I can't beleive you made all those. AWESOME!!

Kay S October 6, 2010 at 9:24 PM  

you are just incredible! How FUN!!!!

Ellen October 6, 2010 at 9:25 PM  

The best Halloween decorations that I have ever seen. What a great job.

Carol Ric October 6, 2010 at 10:02 PM  

Super decorations! Great job!

Jennifer October 7, 2010 at 2:35 AM  

Ohmygoodness, Christie! You are so talented!!! :) I love, love, love the headstones you made! What clever sayings, too!

Thanks for sharing,

Jennifer

love2quilt95 October 7, 2010 at 4:00 AM  

It looks like you have a great yard. I love the headstones! I keep a notebook where I can write names as at hey pop in my or my dh head. Thanks for the Spooktacular view.

Unknown October 7, 2010 at 6:32 AM  

Amazing

Manhattan Mandie October 7, 2010 at 4:44 PM  

These are AMAZING! What did you use as the base?

Leslie October 7, 2010 at 4:47 PM  

These are absolutely fabulous! LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!! How did you attach these to the ground? Would a wire coat hanger bent into a U work like those sales and political signs?
Leslie
creativepzazz at gmail dot com

Nana Bluebird aka Kathy Aho October 7, 2010 at 11:39 PM  

Fabulous!

Joanne Miron October 9, 2010 at 10:08 AM  

Wow.... Amazing !
Thanks for sharing

Anonymous October 12, 2010 at 12:30 AM  

thank you for making me smile,

Post a Comment

If you have a question please leave your email so I can respond, Thank You :)

Follow Me on Pinterest

Search This Blog

Grab My Button


Contact Me At

Archives

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected