Game On Configuration Boxes

Pin It! I am working my way through Tim Holtz's amazing Compendium Of Curiousities vol. 2 book.   I'm sure you've heard me talk about fabulous, Linda, over at Studio L3 who is hosting the Compendium of Curiousties challenge.  This weeks challenge is all about configuration boxes.  These were made for our vintage insprired game room. 


This is the latest one that I did. It is the top right box. I love the little whistle that I hung just below the lid. I used 3 marbles as "balls" for the boy that is actually a game piece to be kicking. And I just love the mini Cootie. Those of us that are old enough to remember when Little People weren't a "choking hazard" have fond memories of these little guys. The green hand came from the game Mouse Trap and there are some game parts from Clue in the box next to that. I love the old wooden game markers so I put some of them in another box. Like the others that I designed I flipped a couple of them over to place ads and pictures. This one I did the same. I used two small square boxes to place the playing card ad on and the other I put this cute bicycle riding monkey. So fun and quirky.

Here are photos of the previous ones I have posted.
The Top Left Configuration Box is just below.
Click HERE to see the post.
This is the lower right Configuration box and is the first one that I created.
You can click HERE to see the post.
This Configuration box is on the lower left side.
Click HERE to see the post.

14 comments:

Anonymous July 6, 2012 at 2:00 PM  

What a FUN display!!! Love all the great details!!

Diana Enns July 6, 2012 at 2:04 PM  

Fun boxes - tfs

Dan July 6, 2012 at 2:04 PM  

These are awesome, great job!

Chris July 6, 2012 at 2:25 PM  

These are great pieces of art. Wish I had a space to make and display something like this.

Aprilpzzl July 6, 2012 at 3:19 PM  

OMG, these are so cool! TFS,

Lisa H July 6, 2012 at 6:32 PM  

Those are so cool!!! I absolutely love them. We are big fans of vintage board games and have several. I love the game pieces and mini toys too.

Faye July 7, 2012 at 12:20 AM  

These are wonderful

Claudine July 7, 2012 at 9:25 AM  

These are amazing! I love the game theme and the mini cookie and phone are soo cool! Thanks for posting this, I enjoyed looking at each little item.

Susie Jefferson July 7, 2012 at 12:27 PM  

I love configurations - these are great! Fun fun fun.

Sandi July 8, 2012 at 7:02 AM  

what better art for a game room, original, fun, and whimsy, love them. hugs

Jill July 8, 2012 at 11:36 AM  

How cool, Christie. You always come up with some of the neatest things. Thank you so much for sharing with us.

Ellis July 8, 2012 at 3:06 PM  

Fabulous boxes you've made and love all the little pieces you have added to them! =)
Hugs, Elenor

Lindart July 8, 2012 at 5:25 PM  

Christie, all these configurations are awesome!! What a creative way to have art in your games room!

Altered Amy January 10, 2013 at 7:52 PM  

These are fantastic!

Amy B
www.facebook.com/AlteredAmy

Post a Comment

If you have a question please leave your email so I can respond, Thank You :)

Follow Me on Pinterest

Search This Blog

Grab My Button


Contact Me At

Archives

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected