Transparency Bookmarks

Pin It!

 I think you are really going to like today's group of bookmarks.  I know I do!  It may be harder than I originally thought to let these go.  I am really getting my creative flow going, now if I just could find a few more hours in each day. 

For this set I decided to use transparencies in a way that some people may not have though of.  I to show motion without bulk, as these are to be usable I wanted them to be able to lay flat.  The technique I used for most of them was to stamp my image on the dictionary print covered bookmark and also on the transparency using Archival Ink.  I carefully cut out my transparency image.  Then on the back of the transparency I "colored" it in.  That way the details are not disturbed and show through.  I used a variety of mediums to create my desired effects.  The girl on the book mark above was done with Stickles.  I also stamped and cut out her face and body in Grunge Paper so I could place the wings behind her back.  I attached everything with my favorite adhesive Glossy Accents!

 The hand I inked with a variety of colors of Alcohol Inks.  The hand is from the Tim Holtz SA Oddities Collection.

 The bees, also from Tim Holtz SA Oddities, I colored in with some metallic paint.  The photos don't do any of these bookmarks justice they are way cooler in person!


 This one was done very similarly to the first.  I used Stickles for her hat and wings and Grunge Paper for her body. 
 These butterflies I didn't color in the backs as I thought they were perfect as is.  I simply used the Mini Attacher (tiny stapler) to put a staple through the center of their bodies and then attached them to the bookmark with Glossy Accents.  I fluffed up their wings by giving them a slight bend where they attach to the body.  Since the image is also printed on the book mark it gives the illusion of motion as you can see through their wings giving a flutter effect.  Beautiful! You can find the butterflies in the Papillion collection by Tim Holtz.


Here are some of the other supplies that I used:



20 comments:

Jingle September 1, 2011 at 8:31 AM  

These are really great! The hand one is my favorite!

Cath Wilson September 1, 2011 at 8:36 AM  

Gorgeous - love the flutterbies and the use of acetate is ingenious! Might just have to try this... thank you :-)

donna!ee September 1, 2011 at 8:52 AM  

these are really cool...thank you much for sharing!

Jean Franks Beck September 1, 2011 at 9:04 AM  

Wow, these are gorgeous! Love the little fairies.

CBW September 1, 2011 at 9:14 AM  

All your work is wonderful!

Bunnyfreak September 1, 2011 at 1:52 PM  

Another day of stunning projects.

Chriss September 1, 2011 at 2:44 PM  

Beautiful! I love the butterflies and bees.

debi September 1, 2011 at 7:18 PM  

Wow, great tech. thanks for sharing

Elaine Allen (veallen6@optonline.net) September 1, 2011 at 8:52 PM  

Christie -

These are awesome! I love how they look. Tremendous job!

Elaine Allen

Sharon September 2, 2011 at 3:08 AM  

Wow these are great and they really do give a "motion" effect! Well done!

Dorothy September 2, 2011 at 7:35 AM  

Beautiful!!

Yoli September 2, 2011 at 8:25 AM  

Beautiful! I especially luv the butterflies.

Doreen September 2, 2011 at 9:17 AM  

What a FANTASTIC idea! I love your bookmarks! Thanks for sharing such a fabulous technique! :)
~doreen @ whereisyourhappyplace.blogspot.com

Cindi (aka iring) September 2, 2011 at 9:32 AM  

Ouch! That poor little girl is sitting on barbed wire! Haha! Wonderful bookmarks! I love them!

Marjie Kemper September 2, 2011 at 6:01 PM  

These are wonderful! I love that you sat the girl on the wire... so fun!

Deb September 3, 2011 at 4:21 PM  

Love these - especially the fall leaves! Great gift idea for my files!

Unknown September 4, 2011 at 12:58 PM  

Your bookmarks are fabulous, Christie!

Angel September 5, 2011 at 1:49 AM  

These really are so fabulous. Any chance you will do a video on your techniques using this craft plastic?

Anonymous September 7, 2011 at 7:08 AM  

You are like a three you old...if you are praised for you work you delete the comments. Nothing is worse than someone that needs their tiny little ego stroked that badly then takes all the credit for idea's and technique's. Next time I come on here and find you "claiming" to come up with a new technique, I'm going to notify the person that actually did. Now delete it. I'll be back.

Christie Hund September 7, 2011 at 10:39 AM  

I would like to respond to the "Anonymous" comment. I don't know the author of this comment as they choose to point fingers but not own up to their accusations. I do not take credit for coming up with all techniques that I share with you all on my site. I simply share what I know. I can not possibly remember where I learned each technique or idea as I am constantly learning. For example, If you explained how to ride a bike, could you site where you learned that from? I do site when and where I can, as you can find in all my Grungy Monday post along with countless others. I don't know what grudge this person may have but obviously it is just that as they remain "Anonymous".

Post a Comment

If you have a question please leave your email so I can respond, Thank You :)

Follow Me on Pinterest

Search This Blog

Grab My Button


Contact Me At

Archives

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected