Grungy Monday #21

Pin It!

 This weeks Grungy Monday challenge was using packing tape to make custom transparencies.  Since I am making mine into bookmarks for the cruise I thought it would be fun to use pictures of Tim for my transparencies since the bookmarks are going to Tim fans.   This is a technique that I learned long ago and LOVE it! I like to use my laser printer when I'm doing any kind of transfer of images.  I decided to add some fringe on the side with Tim Holtz tissue tape as the packing tape was just a bit to narrow for my bookmarks.  I simply stuck it to the edge of the bookmark pleating along the way.  On the back side where the tissue tape was still sticky I sprinkled it with a bit of baby powder. Now it's no longer sticky.  Here's another great tip for baby powder: put it on your feet to remove sand from the beach.  Just sprinkle your feet (or wherever you may be sandy) and rub the sand will just fall off with ease.  No more sandy car floors or carpets.




16 comments:

The Cropping Canuck August 24, 2011 at 9:58 AM  

Great bookmarks! I love them!

Froggietalks August 24, 2011 at 10:28 AM  

I love those bookmarks!! I do have a question though.. Can you use inkjet for the packing tape transfer, or does it have to be a laser printer..I know inkjet ink tends to run with water, and I can't remember how to do the technique anymore. Thanks!

my handle here atgmaildotcom

Debbie August 24, 2011 at 10:41 AM  

Fabulous bookmarks!Great idea! Thanks for the baby powder tip too. Have a very inky, distressed and creative time on the cruise! Jealous ):

Kathy Billings August 24, 2011 at 10:59 AM  

Very nice Christie. You are so talented!!!

Alicia B August 24, 2011 at 11:09 AM  

Oh Christie, These will surely be a BIG hit on your cruise! Love them! *Hugs*

Bunnyfreak August 24, 2011 at 12:21 PM  

These are so cool. So wish I was one of the lucky recipicants.

Faith Maupin August 24, 2011 at 12:24 PM  

OMG - these are adorable (I mean the bookmarks! focus, focus!!! LOL) I went and got packing tape a few weeks ago to give this technique a try and haven't played with it yet - going to now!

Side note - I'm going on the cruise too (happy dance) and I'm sure hoping to trade for one of these!!!! :)

Anonymous August 24, 2011 at 2:53 PM  

you going on Tim's cruise - how lucky give Tim and Mario a hug from us - keep us posted on how things are going - enjoy

Carol W. August 24, 2011 at 10:01 PM  

Fabulous idea - very creative! TFS

Sharon August 25, 2011 at 6:49 AM  

How clever - great bookmarks!!!

Ali Manning August 25, 2011 at 7:48 AM  

Wow - these are gorgeous! Have fun on the cruise.

Karen August 25, 2011 at 8:51 AM  

Great idea for Tim fans! I love them.

Julie August 25, 2011 at 12:54 PM  

Christie, these are wonderful! Everyone will love them! I'm going to have to pick up some packing tape and try this technique soon!

Sue West August 28, 2011 at 5:50 AM  

Great bookmarks, a really great idea.
Sue :)

Art By Wanda August 28, 2011 at 4:18 PM  

These are awesome, Christie!!!

fairy thoughts September 1, 2011 at 5:07 PM  

great bookmarks, i'm sure tim would love them too. this is a fun technique, I'm enjoying making mine which I will finish in a day or 2
janet

Post a Comment

If you have a question please leave your email so I can respond, Thank You :)

Follow Me on Pinterest

Search This Blog

Grab My Button


Contact Me At

Archives

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected