The First Day of Christmas 2010 & A Challenge!

Pin It!

Here's my first tag for this season of the 12 Tags of Christmas!!! I woke up rushed to my computer and pulled up Tim's blog only to see that I didn't have the 2 dies that were needed to make the tag. But luck was on my side. I got my morning post off to all of you, checked my emails and yeah...a coupon for Archivers!!! I jumped in my car to drive to my local Archivers (1/2 hour away) all the time listening to Christmas carols. :) I get there at 10:02 thinking that someone else may have the same crazy plan that I do...well I got the very last crooked house and what I thought was the fence that I needed only to realize that it was the wrong one. Boo. I got what I could done and jumped in the car again to go to another Scrap store and they also didn't have it. But she was kind enough to cut one for me out of her own die. Thanks my little angel (you know who you are). I also couldn't find the Prima flower or the Mica. For the tree I used floral wire and created my own tree, pretty close to the original if I say so myself. For the window panes I used plastic from packaging. I colored it with alcohol inks and then added a coat of crackle accents. I really like the effect.

So, a few of you decided to send me some name ideas for the tags, Thanks. I have decided to make this fun for you all. I am going to give out a small prize to the person that I choose their tag name. I have a bunch of prize ideas already. I think it will be fun... so here's your challenge...each tag for 2008, 2009 and 2010 needs a name you can send me lots of names or just one it's up to you. Make sure you leave me a way to reach you...email address is best. I will continue creating the tags until they are done. I have 8 of the past Tags done already and then the 1st tag for 2010. Tim gave us names for the 2007 collection so I don't need names for those. That's 36 names...36 prizes! Those that sent me names already will have those entered. Good Luck!

31 comments:

shari December 1, 2010 at 7:31 PM  

Man are you on the ball. Beautiful tag! Shari (cricutrookie)
I left a suggestion for the tag below. For this first tag I think it should be called: Home for the holiday!

Myrna December 1, 2010 at 7:43 PM  

Wow, beautiful work. Well worth all the running around you had to do!!!!
Myrna

Laura lok December 1, 2010 at 9:51 PM  

great job. lucky you to have a stamp store near you.

Cari Cummings December 1, 2010 at 10:21 PM  

Christie,

What did you use for the mini holly garland? And I second what your first commenter said... 'way to be on the ball!~' I work at a LSS and we are trying to have the supplies in stock for people to make the cards and follow along with Tim !

Thanks,
Cari
cacummings@chartermi.net

Lori December 2, 2010 at 8:33 AM  

Hi Christie: The first Tag name suggestion I have is "It's warm inside".

Lori
mirror_my_creator@sbcglobal.net

Linda December 2, 2010 at 9:18 AM  

My suggestion: Merry Christmas from our house to yours.
Linda A

Beth December 2, 2010 at 9:27 AM  

My suggestion: I'll be home for Chirstmas

Chrissie December 2, 2010 at 10:39 AM  

"Home for the Holidays"...I love this game!

Anonymous December 2, 2010 at 10:58 AM  

Name for Tag #1 (one with the white fence):
To "To Grandma's House We Go"
from: Virginia Montagna
email: montagnava@aol.com
201 E. Chapman Ave. #43A, Placentia, CA 92870

Dragonhome December 2, 2010 at 11:40 AM  

My name for the tag is:

White Christmas Morning

From:
Judy Perry
1730 Chartwell Lane
Tracy, CA 95377
judylp@littlebit.com

Kathy Billings December 2, 2010 at 11:56 AM  

Love the tags and the contest. For the tag 2009-day 10 I like "Home for Christmas" or "Christmas Home".

Kathy Billings
eggdcr8tr@satx.rr.com

Diane Neri December 2, 2010 at 12:23 PM  

I love your tag (and applaud your tenacity and ambition).
My name for Tag #1: My children are coming home for Christmas.

Diane
nerisews@yahoo.com

Anonymous December 2, 2010 at 12:48 PM  

Again, so many good ones. Log cabin christmas.

Younglr@sbcglobal.net

Clara December 2, 2010 at 4:21 PM  

Beautiful job, Christie! My name for Tag #1.."Welcome Home"
Clara
nuzzmark@verizon.net

Anonymous December 2, 2010 at 5:31 PM  

Name: The Weather Outside is Frightful...

Love your contest (and your blog!).

-Barb c.

bcrowell@groupone.com

Anonymous December 2, 2010 at 5:40 PM  

The one with the bird & happy holidays:

"Flying Home for the Holidays"

-Barb C.

bcrowell@groupone.com

Anonymous December 2, 2010 at 5:43 PM  

Another one for the house....

"Baby It's Cold Outside...."

Barb C.

bcrowell@groupone.com

westloopsters December 2, 2010 at 5:54 PM  

gateway to great memories is what I would name it..

kmcilrath December 2, 2010 at 7:17 PM  

Rustic Christmas!

Beautiful tag.

kmcilrath@cfl.rr.com

Unknown December 2, 2010 at 9:37 PM  

Ho-Ho-Home

Unknown December 2, 2010 at 9:45 PM  

Oops, forgot my email: puffinliz@yahoo.com

Anonymous December 2, 2010 at 9:59 PM  

Hi Christie....love the tags...I want to suggest "Home is where the Heart is" for this one....TFS...lots of hugs Gillian x
gilldon3@yahoo.com.au

Holly Thompson December 2, 2010 at 10:01 PM  

love it. How about "Home for the Holidays"?
t_hollie@hotmail.com

Patricia Logan December 3, 2010 at 1:13 AM  

"A Country Christmas." plogan@columbus.rr.com

Kathy2eggs December 3, 2010 at 2:55 AM  

My name is "There is SNOW place like Home"....lol...corny I know..
email Kathy22eggs@yahoo.com

Pamela December 3, 2010 at 6:05 AM  

Great Job on this tag! How about calling it,
"I'll be home for Christmas."

Pamela
JPALM3746@comcast.net

JeniRuth J December 3, 2010 at 7:33 AM  

My first name is "Rustic Christmas".

(Actually my first thought was "Home for the holidays", but I see that several already have given that answer.)

Thanks for the great fun...

Jeni

(JeniRuth.jovanovic@hud.gov)

JeniRuth J December 3, 2010 at 7:34 AM  

the next name is "Vintage Christmas".

Thanks for the great fun...

Jeni

(JeniRuth.jovanovic@hud.gov)

JeniRuth J December 3, 2010 at 7:38 AM  

Okay, here is another one "Grandmother's house".

Thanks for the great fun...

Jeni

(JeniRuth.jovanovic@hud.gov)

Carol December 3, 2010 at 8:35 AM  

OK two suggestions:

1) "I'm Blue without you for Christmas".

2) HO, HO, HOME FOR CHRISTMAS

Your tags are awesome!

Carol
cbersch254@comcast.net

MaryNell December 4, 2010 at 8:59 PM  

My name of the card is
"MY GRANDS LOVING HOME" or
"MY GRANDS HOME"

Love all your cards
MaryNell Johnson
mnjohnsontoy@yahoo.com

Post a Comment

If you have a question please leave your email so I can respond, Thank You :)

Follow Me on Pinterest

Search This Blog

Grab My Button


Contact Me At

Archives

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected