OWH Blog Hop Winner

Pin It! I used the Random Number Generator to choose the winner of the Operation Write Home Valentine Blog Hop and the winner is Erin Glee! Congratulations Erin! Erin wrote...


November 13, 2010 12:46 PM
ANOTHER great tutorial for another sweet card, Christie! I just read your comment today that you have Fibromialga(sp?)and now am even more inspired by your positive,indusrious attitude! Erin Glee (eringlee at sbcglobal.net)

Congratulations again Erin. And thanks for the wonderful compliments too. You are so sweet. Not many people realize that I do have chronic pain issues because of my attitude and my outlook but I believe that is why I am able to deal with it all the way I can. And I like it that way because I don't want to be treated any differently but you all are friends so I will tell you a little about it. After my foot surgery 4 years ago that left me with Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD)also known as Complex Regional Pain Syndrome (CRPS). In basic terms it is like the pain signal never shut off after the surgery. It is a burning, stabbing pain that there is no cure for. You could not touch my foot or leg at all. I have had to relearn how to live my life. I have gone through many treatments and procedures but today I am a bit better. The toll it took on my nervous system brought on the Fibromyalgia. I chose instead of dwelling in the negative I would look at the positive. One of the positives is that all of this is when I began really scrapbooking because I was unable to do much else. Creating art makes me happy and when you are happy your body creates endorphins... those endorphins are natural pain killers... thus art makes me feel better. A win win for me. :) I don't choose to use pain killer pills because this is a life long journey for me and I want to remember it and enjoy my life, not be addicted to meds. I use other things like distraction, meditation, physical therapy, etc. I do use lidocaine patches when I need to walk any distance and my loving husband is a great help to me. But God has blessed me with a great attitude and love for life that will not be soured by anything. You make of life what you choose. My favorite saying is...

"Life's not about waiting for the storms to pass...It's about learning to dance in the rain."

7 comments:

Unknown November 15, 2010 at 3:23 PM  

Stunning

Shirley November 15, 2010 at 5:05 PM  

Christie, I really like how your tag turned out. Great job!

Dorothy November 15, 2010 at 6:31 PM  

Absolutely beautiful!!

Cary and Gill November 16, 2010 at 10:02 AM  

You story is as inspirational as your art Christie. I have just read your quote and it came at a particularly stormy point in my life and it has made me stop and think and hopefully make more positive actions.

Jennifer November 17, 2010 at 1:42 AM  

Oh, Christie! You are such an inspiration!!! :) And you do so much good for so many! That saying (& your outlook) is absolutely beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you so much for being so open and sharing!

Crafty hugs,

Jennifer

MaryNell November 21, 2010 at 4:08 PM  

Hello Christie, Inspiration is the word for you.
Love everything that I have seen of yours. I am still trying to get my one page book to look like yours, still haveing troubles with the folds. But I will Keep at it untill I do.
Hugs to you
MaryNell

Jana November 21, 2010 at 7:19 PM  

Lovely tag. Love the colors you picked for the trees stamp. And the glitter on the snowflakes is great.

Post a Comment

If you have a question please leave your email so I can respond, Thank You :)

Follow Me on Pinterest

Search This Blog

Grab My Button


Contact Me At

Archives

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected