Alcohal Ink Splatter Tag

Pin It! This weeks Compendium of Curiosities challenge is the Alcohol Ink Splatter technique. It can be found on page 52 in Tim Holtz's book Compendium of Curiosities. I have done this technique before and love it! So much fun!!! My niece also thinks it's a blast to do as I showed her how to do it this past summer when she came to visit. I splattered the green colors at the bottom of my tag where I wanted to place my trees and blue colors towards the top for my sky effect. I added some glitter snowflakes to the top of the tag by using a glue pad and then sprinkling glitter over top. I also added some Liquid Pearls to the trees to create snow on the branches. The splatter gives a nice artistic background to the tag plus it's so much fun to do. Very addicting!

16 comments:

france papillon November 15, 2010 at 10:21 AM  

very harmonious! love all the snoweffects you put on it!

Pam November 15, 2010 at 1:16 PM  

Nice splatter, and love the snowflakes!

Suzanne Bouchard November 15, 2010 at 3:19 PM  

Beautiful tag! The background is very effective and i live the pearls ans the glitter snowflakes! just beautiful.

Bearcrazyman November 15, 2010 at 4:59 PM  

Love it, great job

Ruby November 15, 2010 at 5:08 PM  

Beautiful job and a great technique!!

Sharon Huffman November 15, 2010 at 5:16 PM  

Looks great! That reminds me that I have one of those glue pads, so have got to try that with some of my snowflakes too. Wonderful inspiration!

Art By Wanda November 15, 2010 at 9:29 PM  

A gorgeous tag!!!

CuddlyBunny November 15, 2010 at 11:09 PM  

OUUU!!! Glitter snowflakes! Woohoo!

Your entire piece is wonderful!

Sandy November 16, 2010 at 3:15 PM  

What a great tag - it's GORGEOUS! Hey - I have RSD, too! Have we met yet?

Linda Ledbetter November 16, 2010 at 6:59 PM  

Oh, how gorgeous, Christie! This looks like fireworks going off behind a forest (and HOW CLEVER to use both sizes of the pine tree stamp together!). The snowy branches are lovely, and the glittery snowflakes compliment the design perfectly. Talk about happy holidays!!!

Shelann November 16, 2010 at 7:59 PM  

Very pretty detail in the snowflakes and snow covered trees.

Sue West November 17, 2010 at 6:31 AM  

Lovely tag, the snowy effect is really great.
Sue

Anonymous November 17, 2010 at 4:40 PM  

i used this on ATC one year for convention. put gold pen around and is was so pretty,

Anonymous November 17, 2010 at 4:43 PM  

sorry forgot to put my name.
connie dietz

Anonymous November 19, 2010 at 3:29 PM  

Stunning tag!

Netty November 20, 2010 at 3:44 PM  

Gorgeous tag.

Post a Comment

If you have a question please leave your email so I can respond, Thank You :)

Follow Me on Pinterest

Search This Blog

Grab My Button


Contact Me At

Archives

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected