Tales From Scrapfest 2010

Pin It!

My Tim Bookends: My Darling Husband Tim, Me, & the Creative Genius TimTim & IMe & MarioWell I made it home safe and sound from Scrapfest in Minnesota. It was my first time to go, my wonderful husband brought me for my birthday. I was especially excited because it was held at the Mall of America. I've been to the MOA before because my son, Nick, who's a 3rd degree black belt in Karate goes there every year for a competition. But now that he is older he goes by himself so I kind of missed my tax free clothes shopping.

Tim, the best husband ever, holding all my clothes while I shopped. He said he never spent four days at the mall before much less drove 7 hours to do it. LOL. He is such a sweetie he carried my bag between classes and sat in the hall reading his book while I while I went about my shopping and crafting. I love him so much. And no I won't rent him out.
Well, it was great fun I took a total of 8 classes including Tim Holtz's. His was my first class and of course my favorite, he had a great gift for everyone too, the new Christmas texture plates that won't be released for sale till next month and package of the flourish grunge board. I had Tim sign my texture plates and my inventory book. I learned quite a few things in my classes but most of the classes were quite rushed (they were only 45 min. long) I am used to the 2 hour classes at the Scrapbook Expo. I was finishing some of the projects in the hotel and on the drive home and have quite a few to still complete. I will post them in the next few days so stay tuned.

Myself & Michelle
I was also able to meet up with quite a few friends that I have met through my blog which was so nice. It's always so nice to be able to put a face to a name and the kind words that are passed. I was able to make some new friends too. I am convinced that scrappers are the nicest, sweetest people! And when you put a couple thousand of them together you are bound to have a great time!
I love Tim's little box he keeps all his metal trinkets in. So cool, he found it at a flea market. It's like a mini Caboodle. Lovin' it! I watched his demo and learned lots of great tips...did you know that you can cut your metal charms with his red handled scissors. You can!
Here's some more inspiration for you...
I will post the projects I made in the next few days.

15 comments:

Eve September 20, 2010 at 9:47 AM  

It seems you had a great time! And ok, you won't rent your hubby out! LOL! ;-) Great pics, esp. with your fav. 2 Tims! ;-)

Scrapping With Sherry September 20, 2010 at 10:34 AM  

Christie~ What a wonderful hubby. I thought my guy was great... I dont' think he would even do all of that! Your pix of Tim Holtz!! Well, you already know how much I love him. I need a picture... a poster sized picture to go up in my craft room. You know like the ones we used to have of Shawn Cassidy? Ya, I have a crush. Shh!

I have posted my entry for the ATC Holder Challenge last night if you would like to take a peek you can view it at my blog, http://scrappingwithsherry.blogspot.com/
If you have time I could use the votes!

Hope to see you there~ Sherry

Unknown September 20, 2010 at 12:48 PM  

LOL, I love your Tim Bookends!!! Looks like you had so much fun! (hugs)

Idea Queen September 20, 2010 at 2:48 PM  

Oh my gosh you are so lucky! I would give almost anything to meet Tim Holtz and take a class from him. Can't wait to see what you made.

Ellis September 20, 2010 at 2:52 PM  

Wonderful things you've made! =)
Hugs, Elenor

Firenze September 20, 2010 at 3:53 PM  

WOW - what a fabulous time you had! TH is coming to South Africa again next year and I'm saving already :) TFS these great pics and story!
Helen -- Firenze Cards

capturinglifesart September 20, 2010 at 9:18 PM  

Looks like you had a wonderful time. You have a great hubby!! I don't think mine would do that!!

Anonymous September 20, 2010 at 9:59 PM  

you lucky lucky woman. both tims. LOL wow i would love to meet him one day,
Bobbie In Tennessee
motherbear1969@yahoo.com

Tami September 20, 2010 at 11:05 PM  

WOW...I live right here in MN and did not get to do any of this accept attend an OA awesome crop and a GR. 45 crop. Your husband is amazing and you are one lucky woman. thanks for sharing.

Anonymous September 21, 2010 at 6:52 AM  

Looks like you had a GREAT time Christie!!!! Love all the projects he created...can't wait to see yours...I did know that about the scissors...they are awesome!!!

Trisha September 21, 2010 at 12:28 PM  

It looks like you had such a great time! Love your Tims, and the projects are amazing, too. I look forward to seeing some of yours!

Beckie Williams September 21, 2010 at 5:02 PM  

It looks like you had such a great time! So jealous....but so glad you had such a great time.

Jill Sarginson September 22, 2010 at 8:54 AM  

wow, that's fabulous - good work!

Nana Bluebird aka Kathy Aho September 22, 2010 at 9:25 AM  

So much fun! And isn't Tim nice? Glad you had a great time!

Latrice September 29, 2010 at 11:42 PM  

I didn't know you were at Scrapfest!!! I was too. I can't believe we keep missing each other like this. Isn't Tim ans Mario so fun? i hung out with them a bit friday night. Did you have fun? I was with my family too. Myhubby took care of the kids while I did classes, hung out with friends and I even had to work a bit. email me and we'll chat.

Post a Comment

If you have a question please leave your email so I can respond, Thank You :)

Follow Me on Pinterest

Search This Blog

Grab My Button


Contact Me At

Archives

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected