Halloween Cards for Operation Write Home

Pin It! I got all my Halloween card finished to send out for Operation Write Home. I made 4 different cards and about 100 of each card. I showed you the orange skeleton card in a previous post. Here are 3 more styles that I made. My Mom & Dad even got into the spirit and lent a hand assembling the cards. The first one has a grunge board flower cut from the Tim Holtz Stylized Flower Sizzix die and then ran through my cuttlebug with one of his Texture Plates. My husband helped running 100 flowers through the texture plates. I must give credit where credit is due. :)I inked them with Peeled Paint Distress Ink. after folding the flower in half I added a flower cut from a Martha Stewart punch and a black brad. The paper used is from K & Company. I added a green velvet ribbon on top of the black one on some but ran out. The Happy Halloween saying is from Inkadinkado. The second card is using the same paper line from K & Company. I cut a piece of green Bazzil paper 1/8" smaller than the card and rounded the top two corners. My Dad was the stamper on this card, he stamped the witch in the top right corner of the card and the Happy Halloween saying on the pumpkin paper that slips behind the stripe paper on the bottom. The top of the pumpkin paper is punched using the EK success punch. The stripe paper on the bottom I cut the top of it with a wave pattern and attached a gate die cut from Tim Holtz's Hardware Findings Sizzix die. My Mom gets an A+ in gluing. The last card was a cute card perfect for the soldiers to send to their kids. It's colorful and cute. The paper is again from K & Company. We cut the top two corners with a Fiskars Corner punch. I put the skulls on the top and words on the bottom, leaving a border around the black background. I then wrapped a piece of nubby yarn around the card front and tied it off and attached a brad. Lastly, I attached the card front to the plain white card base. Cute and simple.

17 comments:

Unknown September 22, 2010 at 8:33 AM  

Wonderful...love how your family gets involved

Lisa September 22, 2010 at 8:34 AM  

"Many hands make light work!" I know you enjoyed the time with your Mom and Dad! What fun! The cards are adorable!

Nana Bluebird aka Kathy Aho September 22, 2010 at 9:16 AM  

Fantastic work for a wonderful cause! Is there a website for this organization that sends out the cards? I did something similar last year through our local scrap store and this year they are not doing it.

Nana Bluebird aka Kathy Aho September 22, 2010 at 9:17 AM  

Found it!

http://operationwritehome.org/

Thanks!

Unknown September 22, 2010 at 10:17 AM  

What a joy for the soldiers to get such wonderful cards to send to their families. You did a fanstastic job! I hope to get the teenage girls I volunteer with and the gals at the local shelter involved in making cards for Operation Write Home too. It is good for them to give back to the community too.

Ellis September 22, 2010 at 11:18 AM  

Great work you and your family made! =)
Hugs, Elenor

Tana September 22, 2010 at 12:05 PM  

YOU.ARE.AMAZING!!!!! What an accomplishment!

Anonymous September 22, 2010 at 12:13 PM  

What beautiful cards Christie! I used the same paper for some of my cards too, the last card you have shown.

gina - pbs_swappers - agoodgirlie2

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com September 22, 2010 at 12:47 PM  

Nice use of grungepaper!!!! I LOVE the ribbon and honestly, everything!

Thanks so much for entering the Simon Says Stamp & Show Challenge!!

-Sarah

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com September 22, 2010 at 12:48 PM  

WOW!! busy busy! I love these, both! The skulls are cute and the top one with the pumpkin is beautiful - I like the added touch of the flower :)

Thanks so much for entering the Simon Says Stamp & Show Challenge!!

-Sarah

Christy September 22, 2010 at 6:49 PM  

Those are AWESOME!!!!!!!!!! What a great thing to do and I LOVE that your mom and dad helped. What a fun idea :)

thestampinglady September 22, 2010 at 8:50 PM  

What a wonderful family project. Thanks to everyone for doing this for our soldiers and their families. Great designs.

Lynn W September 23, 2010 at 7:42 AM  

Christie - I just LOVE the tag you made and to use the grunge paper to make the ribbon - very clever. Thanks for posting such great artwork for inspiration!
Lynn W

Tracy Evans September 23, 2010 at 7:49 AM  

Neat idea making the ribbon out of grunge too, very creative and a lovely tag too. Tracy Evans x

Angi Gould September 23, 2010 at 12:48 PM  

Christie:

Kudos to you! My group and I make cards for OWH, as well. Many thanks to you and your family for your support of our troops! I love checking your blog; keep up the fantastic creativity! God bless!

Sue West September 24, 2010 at 2:10 AM  

What a brilliant tag, just love it.
Sue

Anonymous September 28, 2010 at 2:05 PM  

As a mom of a Sgt. in the Marine Corps, I just wanted to say thank you for your support!! And, thank your mom and dad too!!

Heather

Post a Comment

If you have a question please leave your email so I can respond, Thank You :)

Follow Me on Pinterest

Search This Blog

Grab My Button


Contact Me At

Archives

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected