Pairing tags for the classroom

Pin It! I made these tags for my friend's classroom. She needed something pair up the kids into pairs, small groups and large groups. So I came up with this system. I cut tags out of cardstock using the Cricut Plantin School Book cartridge. I used red, yellow, green, blue, purple and orange. I then cut the numbers 1 - 30 out of each not duplicating the same number in the same color. If you pair up the same numbers together you get 30 sets of 2. If you pair up the same colors you get 6 sets of 10. You can also use them to group the kids odds and evens to get 2 groups. You can just number them 1,2,3, etc and have the corresponding # on their desk for the first day. There are a lot of possibilities for these #s. Laminated them and tied on a ribbon I got from Hobby Lobby. She is keeping them all in a bag and will pull out the ones she needs each time. But now she has a large variety to choose from.

9 comments:

Unknown July 30, 2010 at 10:35 AM  

super cute idea! Way to be creative! so colorful and fun! :)

Scrapping With Sherry July 31, 2010 at 12:17 AM  

Great idea! I shared this ideas with a friend of mine who is a teacher. She teaches first grade and wanted to then know if I could make them for her... That was not exactly the point of me showing her. LOL!!! But it looks like she is going to buy me the cartridge if I do...Sounds good!

I recently started a blog and would love it if you could come by for a visit at http://scrappingwithsherry1.blogspot.com/. Hope to see you there!

~Sherry F.

Cindy July 31, 2010 at 9:54 AM  

What a great idea, Christie. I know youre friend is greatful for this fun "gift". So many possibilities.

Kathy August 2, 2010 at 9:13 AM  

Thanks for the sneak peek. I'd better start saving my pennies now.

Kathy

www.cricutcraftyclare.blogspot.com August 2, 2010 at 12:30 PM  

I saw your post and had to comment. My budget was more limited but, I had to have that tape measure stamp too! And the buttons, well I justified those for my Cricut Cover business. Great minds think alike.

Peggy August 2, 2010 at 7:06 PM  

This functional idea could easily be done with the two sizes of Stampin Up! tag punches - with the SU! punches you can really utilize your cardstock well - no big gaps or wasted paper.
Peggy

Whitney Cantrell August 2, 2010 at 9:01 PM  

Wow what a great find. I love the new embossing folders and can't wait to get my hands on some.

Ivy August 10, 2010 at 10:40 AM  

I want to make sure I have this right...you cut out 1-30 in each of the colors? I'm putting stuff together for my future classroom, so you may hear from me on another post =)

ivy627@comcast.net

Anonymous September 5, 2010 at 6:19 PM  

I love these. beats the craft sticks I was using in my class with a couple of stickers on them. I will try to make them but not sure if they will look as good as yours!!!

Post a Comment

If you have a question please leave your email so I can respond, Thank You :)

Follow Me on Pinterest

Search This Blog

Grab My Button


Contact Me At

Archives

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected