My Product Inventory Book

Pin It! I've been compiling lists for quite some time of all the products that I have accumulated over the years because every time I go to the store I always seem to come home with something I already own. I then have to head back to the store to return it. I then see something else "I can't live without" and then find out I already own that too. I guess I know what I like. So I was determined to come up with a good system to keep from double purchasing. I started with a 7 Gypsies hard book cover and worked around that size. It is 5.5" X 7". It is not done yet but I will bind it with my Bind It All when it is done. I am determined to have it done by next weekend. I wanted to share with you some of the pages that I do have done.

For the embossing powder samples I used the same glue dot technique I use on the tops of my bottles. The Stickles I had a color sample I printed on the sheet and then if I had the color I put a glob over the color sample so I knew I already own it and what it exactly looked like. Nice way to have all product samples in one place.
For my ink pad samples above I used a Q-Tip and placed one dot to the left if I have a large ink pad in that color and a dot if I had a dew drop in that color. I will add another dot if I get the reinkers but at the moment I don't have any.
My distress ink and dabber charts were blank. I downloaded them from the Ranger site, I think. I scaled it to my sheet size and then using my inker or dabber I placed a dot in the coordinating squares. I still have a lot of work to do on my little book but I know it will keep me from over purchasing in the future. I have a page with Cricut Cart., Cuttlebug, Rubber Stamps by brand, etc. I love it. I will post when it is complete.

14 comments:

Anonymous July 25, 2010 at 7:48 AM  

Such an AWESOME Idea Christie!!!!! I love it!!

Anonymous July 25, 2010 at 9:11 AM  

Very good idea Christie. I like how professional it looks as well. I started a similar book a while back ago, about 5 years! and wish I would have finished and kept up with it then cause I cannot imagine attempting it now. They are a lot of work, howver I do the same thing, go to the store and come back with the same stuff! Having a real time with it right now with my alcohol and distress inks. I have quite a stash that needs to be taken back! Thanks again~ Sherry F.

Beth July 25, 2010 at 9:57 AM  

Once again you show how creative you are. I really need to do the same. What program did you create your templates on?

Bethschipper@yahoo.com

inge July 25, 2010 at 2:57 PM  

Hello Christie,

really a good organizing idea and neatly done but... maybe you have too much stuff ?!? ( just my thoughts...)

greetings from belgium
Inge

Katherine July 25, 2010 at 8:38 PM  

Love this! I started something much more simplistic several years ago - just lists of each item/color name in a small spiral notebook but outgrew it far too fast. Wish I had done something more like this! I will be downloading those charts from Ranger for sure! I can't wait to see your whole book completed! Awesome!

Sharon Huffman July 25, 2010 at 11:03 PM  

Great idea!

Ladybug July 26, 2010 at 12:14 AM  

Christie, you had me GMBO over your comment:-
"then find out I already own that too. I guess I know what I like." Tooooooo cute!

Love your inventory book! TFS! :-)

Lori July 26, 2010 at 10:23 AM  

Wonderful tag, love the roses and the background for sure!

ellen vargo designs July 27, 2010 at 5:37 AM  

Great tag! I haven't done a grunge rose in quite a while - have to work on that. And I love the metal background!

Brenda Brown July 29, 2010 at 6:25 AM  

Love it, looks fabulous. B xx

Colleen July 29, 2010 at 12:25 PM  

I have been playing with making a book like this for myself. Thanks for sharing yours. Just one question, where on the ranger site did you find the pages to download? Thanks

Lisa Avolio July 31, 2010 at 10:43 AM  

Great idea! You own a lot more than I do, but I found I had to make a list of embossing folders so I don't duplicate them. I printed it small enough to slip in my purse. Other things, like ink and inkpads, I don't own enough to forget - so far! When my supplies expand, I may be following your example.

Whitney Cantrell August 2, 2010 at 11:13 PM  

I am so happy to see these examples. I have been wondering how to organize what I have and to put it in a book. I have been making lists of things, but a book like this would be great. Where did you get the charts that you used? I can't wait to see more pictures of your book.

Sue September 17, 2010 at 10:12 AM  

What size is your inventory book?

Post a Comment

If you have a question please leave your email so I can respond, Thank You :)

Follow Me on Pinterest

Search This Blog

Grab My Button


Contact Me At

Archives

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected