Color Labeling the RANGER STATION

Pin It!

I made further improvements upon the Ranger Station.  I color labeled the tops of all my lids so that I could easily find just the right color for the project.  It was quite easy and terrifically fun to do.  I ran a scrap piece of  white card stock through my Xyron sticker maker so that it was ready for my lids.  I then cut out a bunch of 5/8" circles using my Marvy round punch. 

I decided to start with the Distress Stains first.  I placed all the stickers on the lids and colored them in place.  You can, of course, color them first and them adhere them.  I just find it easier this way.  And here is a great TIP... to get the backing off of the sticker, stab the back in the center with a pin and remove.  Not only is it way easier to remove the backing but you essentially are shish-kabobing all the left over backings making clean up a breeze!

My next step was to simply start staining all the tops of the stain lids. So quick and easy.  And a great reference to have at a glance!

I also added a drop on the tops of my Dimensional Pearls.


 Next came the messier, which for me is the part I really enjoy! I used one of my favorite and probably one of the cheapest tools you can have in your craft studio...Q-Tips!  You can get a huge bag at the $1 store or on sale.  I use them all the time to mix try out a color.  Add a little of this or that.  You get the picture! 

 I use the Q-Tips to add just the right amount to my stickers that I had already put on to my Adirondack Paint Dabbers (1st picture in the post) and the Claudine Hellmuth Studio Paints.  I  am in love with my new Ranger Station!  Now it's time to CREATE!!!

12 comments:

Turtlelady~Sandy February 15, 2012 at 9:11 AM  

Very nice idea.

Amy S. February 15, 2012 at 9:11 AM  

Wow that is a good job done. Must make you feel really glad to have that all organized. I wish I had the time and the drive to sit and get as organized as you are.

Linda February 15, 2012 at 9:38 AM  

I did that to all my blending tools for the inks. I have 3 tiers of them and want another so I can have a tool for each color.
Love your station!!!

Joanne February 15, 2012 at 10:46 AM  

Not only is this wonderful organization but so easy to find at a glace what you are looking for!
I am still trying to figure out what a ranger station is though (I know duh moment!)
Joanne

Nancy Walker February 15, 2012 at 10:55 AM  

May I come play with you???

Card-Eology February 15, 2012 at 11:44 AM  

I wanna come hang out at your house! Love your Ranger station!

Monique February 15, 2012 at 2:43 PM  

wonderful
have you sent these to Ranger or the Tim Holtz blog? They would love them

Angel February 16, 2012 at 12:07 AM  

Always love seeing your newest organization tips. Love your craft haven.

Jennifer February 16, 2012 at 1:24 AM  

Christie,

You blow me away!!!!! You always come up with THE best storage and organization ideas!!! :)

Thank you so much for taking the time to share,

Jennifer
partridgelu at yahoo dot com

Bast February 16, 2012 at 1:56 PM  

Your 'distress station' is a great idea! I have bottles of distress stains falling on me at times as my shelf is too small!. I have desk space and cannot wait to look in to these. Thanx so much for sharing your wonderful idea!

KimMJ
bast830@comcast.net

claudine hellmuth March 12, 2012 at 4:31 PM  

what a great idea!!

Julia March 28, 2012 at 6:17 AM  

Congrats on Ranger U, you deserve it for all the great ideas you give to us.
I love all your ideas, wish I had your studio.

Post a Comment

If you have a question please leave your email so I can respond, Thank You :)

Follow Me on Pinterest

Search This Blog

Grab My Button


Contact Me At

Archives

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected