Sorry I was gone so long....

Pin It!

I have to apologize for being gone so long.  I have missed all of you so much and OMG have I missed getting my fingers good and inky!!!  As many if not most of you know that when I came home from the cruise in September I was met with horrible news of my old friends passing.  I stepped up when others looked the other way.  We did what was the right thing to do, providing medical, dental and emotional help for the family.  The youngest was ,at times,with us almost full time and had extra help with tutoring, got braces, and  involved in karate.  He is now back living with his family and they are hopefully on the road to recovery.  Thank you all for your prayers and wishes for us and their family.  You are all so kind.

I am not going to CHA winter this year, Boo.  But I have been trying to keep up with the sneak peeks.  I was thrilled to see that Tim Holtz is releasing the Compendium Of Curiosities vol. II.   Linda Ledbetter of Studio L3 hosted a Compendium of Curiosities challenge having us all do one technique from the book a week. I loved it.  I got so inspired by it, last Christmas I caught up on all the past 12 Tags of Christmas, making 48 tags and having you all naming them.  Remember that, what fun!  You can bet that I will be doing all of these new techniques from his new book and sharing my tags with all of you.  If you don't already haveTim's first book I would definitely run out and get it now.  It's outstanding!


Here are a couple ideas on how to use your tags for future reference.
This is how I have all of my 12 Tags of Christmas' displayed
Click on the picture or HERE to see the original post

I keep all of my Compendium of Curiosities tags handy for reference or creative block.  I write on the back the technique and page # for quick reference.  You can click the photo or HERE to see the original post.

11 comments:

Bunnyfreak January 17, 2012 at 10:07 AM  

Glad to hear the family is on the road to recovery.

shari January 17, 2012 at 11:47 AM  

Oops I commented on the wrong post, below. Duh! It's good to have you back Christy! Shari (cricutrookie)

Shelly Schmidt January 17, 2012 at 12:26 PM  

I love the idea of making tag samples for the different techniques- very cool!

Unknown January 17, 2012 at 5:06 PM  

Girl you are the Rock for so many people. I think God for people like yourself. How great it is to b less someone else family and do not look for something back. I do not only love your crafts, you have step up more in my book. We have to stop thinking that our only craft is paper or other items we use. Sometime it is just what we say and how we help others. I am so glad you are back also because I JUST LOVE YOUR WORK.
Be bless for being a blessing
Monique from uniquemoniquecreating.com

Cindi (aka iring) January 17, 2012 at 5:14 PM  

You are a loyal and generous friend! I enjoy your blog, so I'm glad you're back!

myska January 17, 2012 at 6:12 PM  

I am so glad to see you back! I know your support of your friend's family was a labor of love and it will bear beautiful fruit!

Gloria Westerman January 18, 2012 at 8:36 AM  

I'm so glad your back!!!! I've miss your creations....and when Tim first did the tags...I knew you would be doing them...
Anyhow....I so happy that the family is back together....you and your family are wonderful people with big hearts...and earn several crowns...
So....what'a making first???

Ellen January 18, 2012 at 9:36 AM  

Welcome back, you have been missed. While I enjoy your posts and have learned a lot from you, I know that what you have been doing is so much more important than any card, tag or layout. The family in crisis is lucky to have you in their lives. I am glad they are doing better. I can't wait to see how Kyler is doing and to see what wonderful projects you have to share.

teachermom5 January 18, 2012 at 10:11 PM  

It is wonderful to have you back, but it is really amazing to hear the journey you have had over the past few months. Looking forward to more inspiration!

julie case January 19, 2012 at 9:07 AM  

Wow, Christie, what a big, generous heart you have!! I'm so happy you're back, I love seeing what you create!! Those license plate signs are awesome!!

Monique January 20, 2012 at 7:42 AM  

Don't apologize..while we missed you, what you were doing was ultimately important.
Now we can't wait to see the results of all that pent up creativity!
MQ

Post a Comment

If you have a question please leave your email so I can respond, Thank You :)

Follow Me on Pinterest

Search This Blog

Grab My Button


Contact Me At

Archives

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected