Where I Create...

Pin It!



Hi for those that are new to my site I'm Christie and this is my craft studio! This is one of my favorite places to be. You can say that I am a collector of hobbies. There isn't one yet that I've tried that I haven't enjoyed on some level. Some more than others, but I love to combine what I have learned over the years in my art. So when I designed my room I needed to plan my space carefully as I had lots of stuff I needed to store but still have access to. I also needed to have a place where it was functional and inspiring to me. I definitely achieved my goal. I hope you like it...

Welcome to my craft studio. The dimensions of the room are 13' X 15'. My husband and I remodeled this room a few years ago. I love my new granite counter tops and custom made cabinets purchased at Home Depot, they are KraftMaid brand. I even have a mini fridge stocked with water bottles to keep me hydrated while I work, you can see it in the right hand corner under the window. I also love my big Wacom monitor and my LCD TV that when I am facing away from it reflects in the mirror across the room so I can still watch what's going on. Clever, huh? Since most of the walls were going to be covered with cabinets and windows I decided to add texture and interest by adding wallpaper to the ceiling. It is a textured wallpaper and we painted it white, it looks like a pressed tin ceiling. My handy father helped install the cabinets and the crown moulding and I made the curtains. Voila!




I have a great spot for my Cricut and printer on the wall to the right of my computer. I used velcro to attach all my cartridges to the wall behind my machine (they are in alphabetical order) The booklet and overlays are kept in the bottom narrow drawer right next to my computer. Everything is very handy.

To the right of the door I have a few shelves that I added after we designed the room I store all my paints on the shelves and I have drawers that I got at Container Store that I keep all my chipboard alphabet letter in. It makes it very easy to find just what I am looking for. The cabinet just to the left of this is a pull down ironing board (you can see this in a earlier blog post on altered clipboards). Underneath I keep a roll of papertowels for quick clean ups along with babywipes.
I have several cabinet that have pull out shelves this one has alot of my embellishments. I show 2 of the drawers below where I store brads, beads, gems, etc.
And...Of course a GLITTER drawer!
Another drawer...With my alcohal Inks.

This wall I have my Embroidery machine and Serger on the desks, when I am not using them I can store them under it. I keep my wood rubber stamp in view on the rounded shelves next to the mirror but I keep the clear mount ones in 3 ring binders.

I have all my Distress Inks on one side and all my other ink pads on another side. The drawer with the alcohal inks is right below the distress inks, so when I'm doing techinques with those items they are handy.

I store my stickles upside down by gluing a magnet to the bottom of the bottle and adhering a metal strip to the underside of my cabinet. Love my Stickles :)


You can also see a video tour of my Studio. Don't forget to see Part one and two.

PART ONE











PART TWO










Still didn't get enough...

You can see some of my favorite organization ideas HERE

Thanks for stopping by! I hope you enjoyed your visit and you will come back again soon. Feel free to become a subscriber or follower to stay posted to the new and greatest news, projects and ideas. Have a great day!!!

35 comments:

Carrie K July 15, 2011 at 1:19 AM  

Your room is like every crafters dream!! I love the idea of the magnets for your stickles. I have mine on velcro and am always having them fall off the bottles. Do you ever have any problems with the magnets? What kind of glue do you use?

Doni July 15, 2011 at 1:38 AM  

I think my jaw just broke when it hit my desk after falling open!!! Wow oh wow what a great room. You must have planned each inch of your room and it shows. Great job. I will be studying your pics for a time and it seems my jaw doesn't really hurt...: )
Blessings, Doni

Gloria Westerman July 15, 2011 at 7:14 AM  

I'm just speechless.....what can I say.....your room is a crafter dream.....

Lucia July 15, 2011 at 8:08 AM  

Woww! Such an inspiration for creation! I wish I had such a scrapper room personal stylist as you... I'd never seen any scrap room so beautiful, practical and organized!

Jean Franks Beck July 15, 2011 at 8:22 AM  

Can I come shopping in your studio, LOL?? Gorgeous. Love that you've organized so many things using the spice drawer type of cabinetry - it's just perfect. Speaking of which, I see you have the purrfect kitty companion to help you. :) Thanks for the tour.

Michelle N July 15, 2011 at 8:24 AM  

Phenominal! You have the most beautiful and organized studio I've ever seen. Have you ever considered doing classes or having crops?

Anonymous July 15, 2011 at 10:34 AM  

oh my goodness, I love your studio! It is so organized and filled to the brim with all sorts of fun craft goodies :D Thank you for sharing!

~Alli

Doris July 15, 2011 at 12:51 PM  

I just love looking at your beautiful studio! I hope to get my room picked up and organized to the point where I can have a "tour" - lol! I hope others will link up their rooms for us to see! Doris

Corinna July 15, 2011 at 2:24 PM  

Gorgeous! I love to organize, but WOW, you really know how to do it! LOL I think you're a GENIUS for the way you've done the Cricut cartridges! And if I didn't already have 3 holders for my Stickles I would totally store mine the way you have. Your room is beautiful!

Jenelle-Van de Mortel Designs July 15, 2011 at 3:24 PM  

WOW--your studio is absolutely stunning! Love the Cricut set up with cartridges on the wall! Great organization - I am inspired!
Thanks so much for sharing.

ox
Jenelle
Fa La Fecia

Linda Ledbetter July 15, 2011 at 6:29 PM  

Christie, I believe you have the perfect studio! I can't imagine a more perfect space to let your creativity blossom. It's beautiful and so incredibly organized. Heaven on earth!!!

Ruth Rae July 16, 2011 at 12:36 AM  

oh my! I have a major studio envy! WOW! your one lucky organized woman! congratulations!

Claudia July 16, 2011 at 1:00 PM  

Wow, what a great space! I have a feeling lots of us would like those cabinets and counters and fridge. You must love creating in your space and it's so well organized.

Thanks so much for sharing it with us!

Karen Valentine July 16, 2011 at 2:04 PM  

You have every crafters dream studio!! OMG! I am just blown away! You are a lucky girl! The organization alone is amazing, but it's also friendly and pretty too! Thank you so much for sharing it with all of us!!! Have a great weekend.
xo,
Karen

Unknown July 16, 2011 at 9:06 PM  

I am so enjoying my little visits to everyone's creative spaces. So fun and inspiring...

And, your studio should be in a magazine...so very lovely and elegant!

Sharon July 17, 2011 at 5:35 AM  

OMG I am speechless - what an amazing craft area you have!!!

Tana July 17, 2011 at 11:44 AM  

Your room blows me away every time I look at it! And that's every couple months. haha. One day I'll have a house where I can have an actual room for my stuff.

Surplus Copiers July 18, 2011 at 4:17 AM  

Wow! This is perfectly great, I congratulate you for this amazing work. I genuinely appreciate your work , Great post.

Unknown July 18, 2011 at 6:13 AM  

WOW, now that is a craft room. I would have so much fun in there. For some reason I never notice you contact address before, you live only a couple of towns over. I am in Itasca.
Thank you for sharing your room.

Sara July 18, 2011 at 7:49 AM  

Oh my god, I bow to your ingenious organisational skills and all your supplies wow, I would never come out of that room Hugs Sara

Terri July 18, 2011 at 9:17 AM  

This would be a dream space..for one thing the ..just the spaciousness of it, all the organization for another, the natural lighting and the work surfaces...I couldn't be happier for you that you have a room like this! TFS!!! Hope you have fun at CHA!

Creative Grammie July 18, 2011 at 11:22 PM  

What a made for magazine dream studio you have! It's like a mini store in your studio and everything so well organized. It's so great how you organized your Cricut cartridges and the file system for the little booklets.
I just might try the metal under the shelf and magnet on the stickles idea of yours; so clever.
Thank you for the grand tour, I may be a little (ok, more than a little)green with envy with all the storage you have and the size of your studio, but I truely enjoyed my visit with you and your wonderful space.

Bridget Larsen July 22, 2011 at 5:39 PM  

My dream come true craft room, I showed my husband your room, not sure if that was good idea because I didnt get a response lol.
The best part for me is the stickles, what an awesome idea.
Thank you for sharing with us your special place.
Bridget Larsen
Australia

Terry August 3, 2011 at 2:44 PM  

Wow! Yours is the most organized space of all! My husband is definitely going to see your space. Thank you for all of your terrific ideas!
Terry

B. Anna August 3, 2011 at 9:58 PM  

Wow this is a fun room! Everything is awesome. I love the large counter island, I need that. Thank you for sharing.

Cheryl August 4, 2011 at 5:36 AM  

Wow what a professional looking space. Such organisation - it is a pleasure to see your space -well done!

Helena White August 9, 2011 at 7:50 PM  

Amazing beautiful studio ~ ♥ ஆ ~.^

Anonymous January 11, 2012 at 11:10 AM  

WOW...amazing room! Love how everything is stored and easy to access.

Diffirent Shades Of Life January 11, 2012 at 6:12 PM  

Wow love love love your room, do jealous lol. Love all your storage ideas too, thanks for sharing.
Sue

Ann January 19, 2012 at 10:51 AM  

What a wonderful room for creating! Love the video. If I did a video of my long narrow room, I'd have to title it "Ann's hillbilly craft room" since it isn't nearly as wonderful! ;-)

Becky Voth January 19, 2012 at 1:55 PM  

Holy Cow! What crafter WOULDN'T want this room! Amazing! I would love to have that much room & custom cabinets put in to keep me from getting so messy! You are one lucky girl!

gaylemontayostudio.blogspot.com January 19, 2012 at 3:03 PM  

JUST AMAZING! A DREAM ARTS & CRAFTS STUDIO!!!! SIGH....

Unknown January 19, 2012 at 6:46 PM  

Wow...just wow...

Unknown January 19, 2012 at 6:46 PM  

Wow...just wow...

LuLu January 31, 2012 at 12:57 AM  

Howdy,
Excellent job - designing the room and recording the videos!

You had a lot of patience with your ribbons. After years and several diffrent organizing systems - I just gave up. Now when I buy ribbon I immediately take it off the spool and cut 6" lengths. I store the strips in baggies by color family. The baggies I keep in a vintage purse that has multiple pockets - because I travel to crops a lot.

Thanks for sharing - I'm inspired to shoot for a space like yours.

Peace,
LuLu

Post a Comment

If you have a question please leave your email so I can respond, Thank You :)

Follow Me on Pinterest

Search This Blog

Grab My Button


Contact Me At

Archives

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected