Ninja Nick

Pin It!






I've been busy with lots of projects lately. I've been up to my eyeballs in photos! My beautiful Grandson, Kyler is so much fun to scrapbook. I have been working on getting all the photos that I have taken of the little guy in my special scrapbook of him. I am making it in a 8 1/2" X 11" size so I can easily scan and print out a copy to give to them also.


My son, Nick, is testing for his 4th degree black belt in Karate in June. I thought it would be special to make him a scrapbook of all his Karate pictures that I have. He began karate in September of 1997. This has been a huge part of his life and is now his career. I couldn't be prouder of him. Yesterday I worked like a crazy woman on this project and was able to get 28 pages done!!! Since most of the pictures are of the same thing (belt testing, competitions, parades) it was a challenge to find different ways to scrap the same but give it a unique look. I think I was keep each page interesting and with Nick's personality in it. Because I did so many pages at one time I will go back and do some final touches, like journaling. But I was very happy with my accomplishment. Today I am pretty whooped from yesterdays scrap-a-thon so I doubt I will get as much done but I hope to get a bunch done! How rewarding!







8 comments:

Marjie Kemper May 26, 2011 at 12:37 PM  

Congratulations! It can be a bit boring when you have so many of the same but you've done a great job of making each one unique.

judyjstamper May 26, 2011 at 1:16 PM  

You did an awesome job Christie. It may be the same, but to see him grow throughout the years makes it different!

Cathie in UT May 26, 2011 at 3:38 PM  

Well done Christie. I don't think they are boring but you had enough variety to make it fun but still all work together!

Monique May 27, 2011 at 11:22 AM  

You did a fantastic job of keeping it fresh and interesting! Congratulations

2amscrapper May 28, 2011 at 10:08 PM  

congrats to Nick and also to you for getting 28 pages done!

Danica May 29, 2011 at 2:23 PM  

I think you did a great job of mixing it up! Congratulations to your son!!

Tina Campbell June 1, 2011 at 12:58 PM  

Great job on the layouts with alot of different variety. I agree that it can be challenging to do the smae layouts all the time, my husband and I belong to a certain brand tractor club and I've been doing the history on the club in a scrapbook and find it hard to make decisions for the same reasons you feel into. I think that it gives us a challenge as a scrapper to do these once in while. congrats on getting so many done in one day, too.

Works From The Attic by Linda June 3, 2011 at 8:02 PM  

I love the pages of your son and grandson. My grandson is taking Karate. He just earned his red belt. He is 8 years old. He plans to have his black belt by the time he is 12. I think it is a wonderful thing and you certainly have given them something very special to remember it by. Great job once again!
Linda Marino

Post a Comment

If you have a question please leave your email so I can respond, Thank You :)

Follow Me on Pinterest

Search This Blog

Grab My Button


Contact Me At

Archives

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected