Happy Mother's Day

Pin It!



Happy Mother's Day to all the Moms, Step-Moms, Grand moms, God moms, Foster Moms, Adoptive Moms, and any other kind of Mom there is.... Thank you for all that you do! Take a minute and give yourself a giant hug for me!!! You deserve it!


This year I got the pleasure of becoming a Grandmother and I can't tell you how much I love that little guy. He means the world to me! And he couldn't ask for a better Mommy than Felicia!


This past winter Nick, our son, bought his house so we became empty nester's. Well we are no longer "empty nester's". Lucy, as our neighbors daughter named her, moved in. Lucy, is a robin that is going to raise her little chicks right outside our living room window. After lots of failed attempts I decided to help this sweet little robin mommy build her nest by anchoring the lantern to the post. I wound a piece of wire around the lantern, through the door, around the post and out the screen. She was thrilled to be able to build her nest. And what a nest it is!

I made a little sign to block off the outside path to our bistro area and front enterance to the sunroom where she built her nest. That way she gets her peace and quiet without anyone disturbing her.

13 comments:

sockamom13 May 8, 2011 at 1:19 PM  

Just had to wish you a Happy Mother's Day & thank you for a creative week! Great ideas & thoughts.
Marianne/NY

Debi May 8, 2011 at 2:03 PM  

Hi Christie, I wanted to wish you a very Happy Mother's Day as well. I hope you are relaxing a bit after your busy week. And Thank You again for all the Inspirational ideas you have shared with all of us. Take care.

Have a wonderful day
Debi in NorCal

Myrna May 8, 2011 at 3:21 PM  

Christie
Happy Mother's Day and what a wonderful person you are to help that new mom with her babies. They need all the help they can get.
Myrna

Elaine A May 8, 2011 at 4:12 PM  

Christie -

How sweet and kind you were to help that Robin Mommy. It is small kindnesses like yours that make the world a better place. Happy Mother's Day!

Elaine Allen

Laura May 8, 2011 at 5:43 PM  

How exciting to have Robins build a nest there.It will be fun to watch their developement. Can you see inside? How many did she lay? I live in an apartment, with a wall mounted flower box and silk flowers on my balcony.Robins have returned for 4 years now to the same spot. I also had some squatter Doves come in and use last years Robin nest. We she was done and 2 babies flew off, the Robin came back, rebuilt ontop of the old nest and has 4 eggs.

Sue in CT May 9, 2011 at 5:55 AM  

How cute is that! I love your sign. I think it is great that you got the nest right there so you get to be part of it.

Gloria Westerman May 9, 2011 at 8:21 AM  

How exciting!!! I have a pair of house wrens that nest every year on my back porch....she has her own condo...LOL....(a little basket)...and maybe she needs a sign ....what a adorable idea....thank you!!!!1

scrappinkaren May 9, 2011 at 12:43 PM  

Congrats to all the winners

scrappinkaren May 9, 2011 at 12:44 PM  

I love this. Birds are so amazing.

scrappinkaren May 9, 2011 at 1:16 PM  

Congrats to all the winners. Enjoy your spectatcular gifts and Mothers Day week also.

Dana Weaver Moore May 9, 2011 at 6:59 PM  

Christie - you are so sweet, I hope you had a wonderful mother's day!

Cathie in UT May 9, 2011 at 7:56 PM  

EVen though I wasn't lucky this time congrats to all the winners!

JulesinParadise May 10, 2011 at 6:21 AM  

Congrats to the winners and to you for your one year blog anniversary!

Post a Comment

If you have a question please leave your email so I can respond, Thank You :)

Follow Me on Pinterest

Search This Blog

Grab My Button


Contact Me At

Archives

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected