Rusted Grunge Tag

Pin It! I created this tag for the Compendium Of Curiosities Challenge. We are now on week 26 and this week's challenge is the Rusted Grunge technique from Tim's book Compendium of Curiosities. You can find out exactly how to create this look on page 45. I used it on both the wings and the key hole piece. I love, love, love (and I mean LOVE) this technique!!! I clipped a photo of an eye out of an ad from a magazine to place behind the keyhole to make it appear that someone was peeking through the hole. Lovin' It! Still working hard on my son's new house which is quickly becoming a home. This should be my last full day there. We have painted all of the rooms and I have decorated all of them. I am putting in the final touches today. We only have the upper kitchen cabinets to install (previous homeowners took them). I will be posting all the before and afters next week so stay tuned for the big reveal!

10 comments:

Anonymous January 7, 2011 at 9:17 AM  

I love this tag! I love the rusted look and love the eye behind it! Great job!
I can't believe the people actually took the kitchen cabinets! Isn't that unusual?

Carol W. January 7, 2011 at 9:33 AM  

WOW...fantastic tag, I love the rusty look and the eye (almost missed it) just makes it. TFS

Carol
http://caroleesscrappingspot.blogspot.com

Love to scrap Lyndra January 7, 2011 at 9:35 AM  

I love the tag,with the eye behind the key hole. It is wonderful.

Wow, previous owners took the kitchen cabinets, interesting.

Beckie Williams January 7, 2011 at 9:49 AM  

What a great technique!!

Carrie K January 7, 2011 at 10:50 AM  

Wow! What a great tag!!

Shelley January 7, 2011 at 10:57 AM  

Wonderful and slightly eerie, I like eerie, lol.

crotnem January 7, 2011 at 10:57 AM  

I love this!!! It is so cool.

Gloria Westerman January 8, 2011 at 7:02 PM  

This is so awesome......love the eye.....and very creative......tfs

Linda Ledbetter January 9, 2011 at 10:46 PM  

Christie, this is awesome! I LOVE the eye peeking through the beautifully rusty keyhole, and the background is elegant and perfect. This is one of those pieces that really grabs your attention-- I just keep looking at it in it's bold, beautiful glory! Well done!

I'm so happy to hear how well your son's house is coming together. That's a lot of work, but what a great project to do together.

KAT January 13, 2011 at 10:28 AM  

Thanks for the coupons!!! I am off to Micheal's to see what kind of trouble I can get into!!!

Post a Comment

If you have a question please leave your email so I can respond, Thank You :)

Follow Me on Pinterest

Search This Blog

Grab My Button


Contact Me At

Archives

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected