Reindeer Card & 600 OWH cards being mailed

Pin It!

I decided to make another 20 cards so I had an even 600 cards to send to our troops. This last design was made with the Cricut When It's Cold Outside cartridge. I also used the pine needles stamp from the Tim Holtz Letter To Santa cling stamp set I stamped it with distress ink in Pine Needles. The background stamp is Faded Text from Stampabilities stamped in distress ink Walnut Stain. The Merry Christmas tag I created by computer printing it onto kraft paper and then after cutting it out, I cut a corner off using a hole punch to create the "tag" look.



Tomorrow I'm mailing out 600 Holiday cards!!! I have been hard at work making cards for our heroes but I've not been alone in this. Since my OWH holiday card challenge I've heard from quite a few wonderful women who have been inspired by the challenge to start making cards for our Heroes. They enjoyed making the Holiday cards so much that they want to continue to making them. I've gotten the wonderful opportunity to meet a few of those that have participated in the challenge and look forward to meeting others. I would like to put together a OWH card making get together for all those that live close. I think that would be so much fun. As soon as these hit the post office I'm going to start on Valentines, Birthday and Everyday cards. I picked up a bunch of paper last week when it was on sale and so my mind is full of ideas already.




This is a picture I received from Priss, she has a scrapbooking club at Sun City in Nevada. She got together a group of friends and together created 200 cards for the OWH Holiday card challenge. I am so proud of everyone that participated in the challenge and even made cards after the challenge was over.

To learn more about Operation Write Home check out http://operationwritehome.org/

3 comments:

Alicia B October 26, 2010 at 9:36 AM  

WOW 600 Cards- You TRULY Rock Girl!!! This one is just as beautiful as the others!! *Hugs*

Anonymous October 26, 2010 at 3:13 PM  

Hi Christie, Jan writing from the UK...just wanted to say what a fantastic job you & the other ladies are doing supporting the Troops in overseas location. Mine is one of them but a US marine. We have a similar thing called Help For Hero'S H4H and although each year they ask us to rein back on the parcel sending some magically mangae to get through from other than familiy members. I wish that we did as much here as you do there...A big thank you from all the troops be they US, Brit or NATO...I'm sure all of our thoughts and wishes go to them all....hugz.....Jan

Unknown October 27, 2010 at 7:42 AM  

Oh my...You really outdid yourself...The troops are lucky to receive such beautiful cards. You put a lot of effort into each card and it shows. Thanks for all your hard work and materials you used. They will eally appreciate it! God bless you and the troops!

Post a Comment

If you have a question please leave your email so I can respond, Thank You :)

Follow Me on Pinterest

Search This Blog

Grab My Button


Contact Me At

Archives

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected