OWH Update & A Surprise I Got

Pin It!

I got another surprise in the mail this week so I thought I would share it with all of you. Marie Campbell had come across the video of me opening the box of paper that Brandy had sent to me. Marie thought that since she was always throwing away her paper scraps she would instead send them to me to use for the OWH cards. Well I guess she did a little craft room cleaning because she sent me a few other items as well. :) In the lovely letter that Marie sent to me along with the OWH supplies she said that she now has a "Christie Box" that she is throwing here extra scraps in & will mail to me when it gets full. Marie, I thank you from the bottom of my heart. I have found this a very rewarding way to spend my time and talent. Once I ship off my Holiday cards next week I am going to start working on Valentines, Birthday & Any Occasion cards.

I also did a video of some of my Christmas card designs that I made for Operation Write Home using the paper that was donated by Brandy.

10 comments:

Anonymous October 23, 2010 at 11:53 AM  

Christie, somehow, the picture did not show up on my computer. You've inspired me, as I have time to do cards and feel like I'm "blessing" in some small way, when I send cards. Thank you for sharing.

KimberlyRae October 23, 2010 at 12:02 PM  

Bless Everything you are doing!! [Hugsss]

Anonymous October 23, 2010 at 2:07 PM  

WOW!!! what a great gift I love quilling and have made christmas cards with santas and raindeer with the foam. have fun!!

shari October 23, 2010 at 2:21 PM  

The cards are beautiful! I don't know how you find time to do all those. Your a good woman. Shari (cricutrookie)

pennykitz October 23, 2010 at 5:42 PM  

How fun... I would love to recieve a box like that!!! Please share your creations wtih us.
pennykitz@charter.net

Anonymous October 23, 2010 at 5:46 PM  

WOW, how generous of those 2 women to send you all those supplies. You have created some beautiful cards for all the service men and women. What a great thing you are doing!!

MichelleMyBelle

2cut October 23, 2010 at 7:46 PM  

Christi,
Love that you are doing this and sharing your talent with our troops overseas. My concern is that I think I see gletter on some of your cards, and I have been told that is an absolute no no. It is my understanding that glitter shows up in night vision goggles. Just want you to be aware of this. thanks again for haring your talent. sd connie

2cut October 23, 2010 at 7:50 PM  

Christi,
should have watched the whole video before I wrote you. Glad you know about the glitter. thanks again for sharing with our troops. We just sent a 10# package of cards over there today from SD. sd connie

Dawnll October 24, 2010 at 1:03 PM  

As a mother of a soldier stationed over there I have to say thank you for making all those cards.I thought I made a lot! Whew you are unbelievable.
I am so thrilled with how you used so many scraps also, a woman after my own heart. I believe we are also pretty close- I live over the border from you in WI.
What a fun blog and I am a new follower sweetie

Angel December 30, 2010 at 10:20 PM  

Christie,
Your sincere excitement over the sharing box, really touched my heart.
You are a truly down to earth and generous woman, very refreshing.
Angel

Post a Comment

If you have a question please leave your email so I can respond, Thank You :)

Follow Me on Pinterest

Search This Blog

Grab My Button


Contact Me At

Archives

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected