Alcohol Ink Agate on Grunge Tag

Pin It! This tag was made for my weekly Compendium of Curiosities challenge. I have loved every week of this challenge. This week it created this really cool background for my tag. You can learn how to do it by following the directions on page 53 of Tim's book. I used a few of his stamps that I stamped out on tag. I cut them out after I inked them and then covered the clock with Rock Candy Crackle paint. Once it was dry I went over it with a brown ink to bring out the crackle. I covered the hand with Glossy Accents to add some dimension. The border on the background was stamped in Versa Mark using the fountain pen tips from Tim Holtz's Artful Artifacts CMS080 by Stampers Anonymous. Also by Tim Holtz, Stampers Anonymous is the Hand (Oddities stamp collection CMS083) and the Clock (The Big Top stamp collection CMS074)

8 comments:

Ellis September 24, 2010 at 11:21 AM  

Amazing tag, looks wonderful! =)
Hugs, Elenor

Holly Thompson September 24, 2010 at 1:27 PM  

loving the tags, you have inspired me to go out and get this book! Thanks

Jeanette's Stampin' And Stuff September 24, 2010 at 5:05 PM  

I love this tag. I just got this book with a few other things from HSN. And I am going to try some of his techniques soon. TFS ;)

Maureen Reiss September 24, 2010 at 5:12 PM  

This tag is really Awesome!!

Mary M September 24, 2010 at 5:43 PM  

Fabulous job. I also just got his book and really need to practice. TFS, Mary M

Linda Ledbetter September 25, 2010 at 6:41 PM  

Holy cats, Christie, this is AWESOME!!! Talk about a "WOW" piece of art-- this design is extraordinary, and every single element is beautifully thought out and created. Your AI agate technique is great, and the pen tips stamp is the perfect choice for this amazing, steampunk look. The crackled clock is SO COOL, and the way you inked the palm gives it so much dimension. I absolutely love what you created-- it's ingenious!

Terry September 25, 2010 at 8:04 PM  

Oh I so love what you did with this tag! The time piece and hand are so awesome!

Unknown September 26, 2010 at 10:57 PM  

Stunning. I love the reindeer especially.

Post a Comment

If you have a question please leave your email so I can respond, Thank You :)

Follow Me on Pinterest

Search This Blog

Grab My Button


Contact Me At

Archives

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected