Family Tree Albums

Pin It!











Oh how I've been working on my family tree or should I say trees. It seems more like a forest now. I started working on the family tree years ago but really hit it head on this year deciding to take it by the um ...roots, if you know what I mean. I decided to scrap anything and everything I could get my hands on. I started on my Mom's side as there was more information on that side, and more pictures. My grandmother and my Aunt saved every picture, wedding invite, birth announcement, I mean everything. I spent weeks just going through everything and making heads or tails of it all. Then the scrap-a-thon began. I was scrapping morning, noon and night. And I know there are still pages I want to add but it is done enough for now. When all was said and done I now have 2 - 3" books that are busting at the seams. At my Aunt's party I presented her with a copy of the family tree album and had the original there for the rest of the family to see. Everyone was thrilled that someone took the time and effort to record and preserve all the memories and facts. Since then I made my Mom a copy for her birthday and a copy for my sister.









My Dad's side was not neglected as I worked feverishly to create that book too. I did not have as many photo but where I lacked in photos I gained in documents. Finding wedding announcements and censuses and birth records for people I never knew. We are visiting with my Dad's cousins this weekend and will hopefully be able to get some more pictures of the family to add to the book. I again made a copy for my Dad for his birthday and another copy for my sister. Boy oh boy, do I need a nap! I will probably do a video of what the inside looks like of my book when I get back home. Right now I need a vacation. Whew!




12 comments:

Bonnie September 1, 2010 at 10:55 AM  

Beautiful LO's. I am sure your family appreciates all that you've done with the Family Tree Books. I want to do something similar but had not thought about doing it in 81/2 x 11 format. Thanks for the inspiration.

Unknown September 1, 2010 at 11:00 AM  

Very nice........I agree - I'm sure your family loves what you do.

Trisha September 1, 2010 at 11:15 AM  

Gorgeous albums, Christie! Thanks for sharing them with us! I know your family is soooo thankful for your perseverance.

aud1inok September 1, 2010 at 7:51 PM  

WOW! What an impressive undertaking. I am looking forward to the day that we get our family albums completed. Such a wonderful keepsake. I can't wait to peek inside yours for some ideas. Thanks for sharing!

Monique September 1, 2010 at 8:44 PM  

Wow! You've been busy!

Julia September 2, 2010 at 1:14 PM  

Wow, jealous, jealous, jealous of these gorgeous albums. I am a 30 year Genealogist and am just now getting around to scrapbooking the Heritage photos. We do not have many so they are very precious. I found a wonderful shop that copies and corrects the old photos perfectly. Your family is very lucky you did these.

Tana September 2, 2010 at 9:32 PM  

Can you come and do mine? haha I've wanted to do my husband's family for a while but with a 14mo old I don't even have the amount of time I want to craft, let alone start a big undertaking like this.

Luv2Scrap24-7 September 4, 2010 at 4:01 PM  

Gorgeous,Gorgeous,Gorgeous albums. I LOVE IT!!!
How and what did you use? I'm working on our family tree also. But I don't have them in a nice album like you. I would love to know how you made and put yours together!
VERY VERY NICE!!!
http://thescrapworx.blogspot.com/
Leann : )

Roxana rhaynes@htc.net September 7, 2010 at 8:56 AM  

I have been working on my genealogy for about 5 years now and appreciate how time consuming and exhausting it can be. I love your albums they look awesome. Would love to see a video of the inside. Appreciate your hardwork and sharing.

Ruth September 7, 2010 at 7:10 PM  

I, too have been scrapping family history books..mine go back to the 1800s with pictures & further with documents. I know how much work has gone into this for you.

Do you suppose we could take a peek at a LO or two?

Unknown September 12, 2010 at 3:26 AM  

Wow, just amazing thanks for sharing.

Georgee September 13, 2010 at 10:39 PM  

I really love these! I need to get busy and do the same. Now that I live totally alone & am disabled with several chronic illnesses & a spine injury, maybe I will find time to do "The Family Tree". God always gives us a light - doesn't He?

Post a Comment

If you have a question please leave your email so I can respond, Thank You :)

Follow Me on Pinterest

Search This Blog

Grab My Button


Contact Me At

Archives

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected