Crackle Paint Tag

Pin It!


I did this tag for the Compendium of Curiosities challenge and the Simon Says Stamp Challenge. This weeks challenge was crackle paint. I have several of Tim Holtz's crackle paints and love using them and I used several on this tag. I used the Rock Candy on the entire base of the tag and the girl. The rock candy is a bit thinner and gives a smaller crackle than the other crackle paints. I also used the peeled paint, fired brick and tarnished brass. I love how the crackle paint gives the image a totally aged appearance even though I just made it today. I stamped the background paper (which is of course Tim's also) with a rubber stamp by Stampendous called Music Score that after I inked the stamp up I remove a bit of the ink from the stamp with a baby wipe before stamping so it would give a more random stamp. I want the print of the music to stand out too much to go along with the saying on her dress.

9 comments:

Angie Hall Haviland August 10, 2010 at 8:05 AM  

FABULOUS tag, Christie!!

wwilloww August 10, 2010 at 8:20 AM  

Your tag is gorgeous Christie! The crackling is just right!!! I love your color choices as well!!

Sherry August 10, 2010 at 1:13 PM  

Fabulous tag - I love it! As well as a gorgeous background and character, the ribbon and gold stars give it such a magical touch!

Scrapping With Sherry August 10, 2010 at 3:52 PM  

Great Job Christie! Then again did we expect anything less... I have the rock candy distress paint and always forget to use it. Am going to do something with it today.

When I read about your coupons and that Tims paper was at Michaels I wanted to go right over but Glenn has to go to work... so I am pouting. Not really. LOL!! Cant wait to get over there though.

Take Care~ Sherry

Terry August 10, 2010 at 4:18 PM  

Wonderful tag! Awesome background with the images and crackling!

Unknown August 10, 2010 at 5:12 PM  

This is a fabulous tag ... LOVE the colours! Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show for our very first challenge ... here's hoping we see you again next week :0)

donna August 10, 2010 at 10:10 PM  

I love your tag, Great crackling and colors!

Anonymous August 11, 2010 at 8:43 AM  

Love your tag, the design is brilliant!

Beckie Williams August 11, 2010 at 9:09 AM  

What a beautiful tag. You did such a great job.

Post a Comment

If you have a question please leave your email so I can respond, Thank You :)

Follow Me on Pinterest

Search This Blog

Grab My Button


Contact Me At

Archives

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected